+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: LHBR Dr. DeSmet, 26 March 2013...........  (Read 1558 times)

13.1man

LHBR Dr. DeSmet, 26 March 2013...........
« on: March 25, 2013, 07:20:15 AM »
1 day to go!
Arrived in Ghent yesterday, after hooking up seamlessly with my wife in Brussels Airport. We started our journeys some 10000 air miles apart on different continents.......you'd think we had planned this.... ;D
The journey to the 'Sandton Grand Hotel Relof ' in Ghent was history within 45 minutes of arrival , by pre-booked taxi (be careful when booking , as some charge waiting time, beyond 30 minutes of your flights arrival time)
The Hotel is recommended by De Smet and appears good. Large rooms, bathrooms and flat access, should pay off, post op. There are cheaper options in Ghent, but I thought it prudent to provide some level of comfort for my long-suffering Wife...... ;)
Am now due to check into the Hospital in 2 hrs .......OP is scheduled for 9.00 am tomorrow 26th of March.
Am I nervous??? Yes......and No......I have prepared myself as well as possible, am as lean as a Butchers Pencil and as Fit as a Flea.....well, as fit as my job and assosiated travel allow me to be (knocked off some 24 pounds and am just above my last running weight)  Workouts were challenging due to proportionate increase in hip-pain, but should prove to be useful during recovery.
I am also confident that I have chosen one of the best and most progressive surgeons in the world........so, BRING IT ON !
Whereas I am planning a day by day account of my experiences here, I do not plan to post tomorrow.......I have a previous engagement and may be a little sleepy...... ;D ;D ;D
Will continue on Wednesday...and hope the of my rambling may  be useful for others, in time to come..
Bo

Jon

Re: LHBR Dr. DeSmet, 26 March 2013...........
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 08:07:49 AM »
Great stuff.  On the way to an improved life!

Looking forward to post-op report...
McMinn RBHR, December 2011

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 09:36:57 AM »
Good Luck!  Been there and done that 7 years and 10 days ago.

Ghent is great fun.  De Smet is the absolute best.  You are in good hands.  In a few days after you leave the hospital, you will start to feel better very quickly.  I only took advil after leaving the hospital and was sight seeing on day 5.  I just did not have much energy and took a lot of naps.  Had a great group of surface hippies with me and we got to taste a few of those 450 Belgium beers.

Enjoy your stay.  The hospital part is only a short part of the experience.  Most of us really enjoyed our stay and thought the surgery was just a bump in the road.  Hard to believe, but it was a wonderful experience.  My wish for you is that - you will have the same great results I had 7 years ago!

Looking forward to your upcoming posts.  Would you please start your new story under the Hip Stories section?  That way you can blog your way thru your recovery and the story will be in one place and easy to follow.

Good Luck.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat

Surface Hippies in Belgium 2006 - Hope your group has as much fun!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:41:04 AM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 09:39:24 AM »
Excellent! Good luck tomorrow and post when not so sleepy  ;D
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat