+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: questions about insurance - general unless someone has United  (Read 6044 times)

claudia

Is it typical for the insurance company to pay for travel and hotel to the facility if you are out of state?  Also - Do most insurance companies pay for things such as "house cleaning" after the surgery and I am home?

thanks!
Dr Gross, Right hip, 3/21/18

Marco Polo

Re: questions about insurance - general unless someone has United
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 10:12:32 PM »
Claudia - In my experience insurance companies will only pay for the medical expenses related to your surgery, hospital stay and required follow up care, including in home nursing care if required (for example to monitor Coumadin levels). The rest is on you.
Marco, RBHR, Della Valle, 3/29/13

kimberly52

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 09:10:01 PM »
Most will also pay for home healthcare aid only if you cannot take care of your own personal hygiene.

And home care is normally only covered if in fact you are truly home bound.

Kim
LBHR 4/6/13
42/44
Dr. Michael Clarke

Dee Dee

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 09:58:27 PM »
I was able to get my hotel bill reimbursed partially through my flexible spending account. You may want to check into that if you have that benefit.  You will need the doctors office to sign a form to turn in with the bill. 

Also, you can check the tax code to see about deducting your medical expenses which may include hotel expenses.  Do some research you may reap some rewards besides a new hip!

Dee

Right HR  5-23-12  Dr. Gross
Left HR 12-5-12 Dr. Gross

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat