+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Jury returned a verdict today in favor of DePuy ASR 2nd trial  (Read 1805 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Statement Regarding ASR Hip System Verdict in Chicago, IL

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A jury in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, returned a verdict today in favor of DePuy Orthopaedics Inc. in a product liability lawsuit concerning the ASR™ Hip System.
"DePuy’s actions concerning the product were appropriate and responsible, including the program to address patients’ medical costs related to the recall," said Lorie Gawreluk, a spokeswoman for DePuy.

For additional information on the ASR Hip System, please visit: www.ASRHipInfo.com

Additional Information here  http://www.surfacehippy.info/asr-second-trial-verdict.php

Interesting - sure to cause a lot of discussion.

Pat
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 06:08:28 PM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

kwarendorf

• LBHR 2/13/2009
    • Kyle's Kitchen
Re: Jury returned a verdict today in favor of DePuy ASR 2nd trial
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:58:38 AM »
In response to this recall  the FDA has established a new protocol for metal on metal hips, both replacement and resurfaced.

I went for my 4 year follow up yesterday and learned about it from my doc. Going forward the FDA will require some level of yearly imaging yet to be finalized, either MRI or Xray. Also required will be blood testing to check levels of chromium and cobalt.

Submitted FYI.

Kyle

einreb

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 07:03:11 PM »

I went for my 4 year follow up yesterday and learned about it from my doc. Going forward the FDA will require some level of yearly imaging yet to be finalized, either MRI or Xray. Also required will be blood testing to check levels of chromium and cobalt.

interesting... how can they 'require' that?

if I'm not symptomatic... i dont think I'm going to be proactively spending $ for MRI's and tests.
40yo at the time of my 2/16/2011 left hip uncemented Biomet resurface with Tri Spike Acetabular cup by Gross

kwarendorf

• LBHR 2/13/2009
    • Kyle's Kitchen
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 08:56:20 AM »
I'm not sure how they will "enforce". Perhaps it's a guideline. I am completely asymptomatic as well. When I got my hip I was told that thee would be follow up visits @1, 2 and 4 years. Wednesday's visit was the 4 year check up. SO I had to go anyway.

As I was leaving I stopped by the office to see what my co-pay was and I was told that 100% of the cost was being assumed by some combination of the doctor and the hospital. I was told that If I received any kind of a bill that I should send it to the doctor's office.

Who knows? Maybe this falls into the category of 'funded mandate'.

Kyle

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal