+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bikram Yoga  (Read 13564 times)

don_markos

Bikram Yoga
« on: May 29, 2013, 12:19:38 AM »
Anyone have any experience returning to Bikram after a resurfacing? Wondering if it's too much for the joint even after a year post op?

eglein

Re: Bikram Yoga
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 08:29:03 PM »
I had been doing Bikram for about two years before my BHR.  I stopped several months before the operation because of the pain.  I went back around 8 weeks after surgery and have continued since then, now at 13 months.

Initially, I was very careful, and did not do any poses standing on just the new hip.  I also skipped the sit- :)ups - generated a bit of pain.  Gradually I have added more, and now I am pretty much back to where I was before the hip got really bad, attempting all poses - at this point it is not the hip keeping me back.

lycraman

Re: Bikram Yoga
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 07:07:36 PM »
I haven't done Bikram yoga but I took up Vinyassa and Ashtanga yoga 18 months after my resurfacing to help with range of movement and I've never had a problem. As always, listen to your body, be sensible and make progress slowly and with each out breath you relax more and gradually increase your range by fractions.
By biggest limiting factor is my wrecked knee (old football injury), not my resurfaced hip!
Left Birmingham Hip Resurfacing
11th September 2012
Mr Ronan Treacy 54mm head 60mm cup

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz