+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hip resurfacing surgeons in argentina?  (Read 1659 times)

punakaiki

Hip resurfacing surgeons in argentina?
« on: May 30, 2008, 07:57:03 PM »
I investigating hip resurfacing options and looking at India and Argentina, I can find alot of information about the Indian options, which looks very professional and have started to look into that, but was wondering if anyone had had a hip resurfacing operation done in Argentina BA, I think they use a different system there. I am 46 yrs of age and had a THR 10 yrs ago, so really want to make an informed choice for the next operation - with in the next 3 months. Thank you.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Hip resurfacing surgeons in argentina?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 08:51:13 PM »
Hi

Welcome to Hip Talk.

I have been reading about hip resurfacing for over 3 years and my website is almost that old.  Most of the doctors that are listed because patients write to me or post messages about them.

I am sorry, but have not had anyone talk about the doctors in Argentina.  I know quite a bit about the India doctors and Dr. Bose is one of the very best.  I know many people that have gone to him and are very happy.  I don't know one of them that required a revision.

Dr. Bose and Dr. De Smet were the only 2 that I considered using several years ago because of their experience and the many happy patients I knew about.

It is always best to try to talk to as many patients of a doctor your are considering using.  The doctor should be willing to share patients addresses or phone numbers.  If not, I would look for another doctor.

Dr. Bose is very good about answering emails.  You can send him an email with your x-rays attached in a digital format  .jpg and he will get back to you.  It is very easy to set up a trip to get your surgery with him.  I know she would be willing to talk with you via email if you wish.  She is just starting a new job and is a little busier than normal.

If you find out about some good Doctors in Argentina and find some patient stories - please share them with us.  Meanwhile, I try to guide people to information about doctors that I know many people have used and are happy with.

Pat
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 10:30:24 PM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

punakaiki

Re: Hip resurfacing surgeons in argentina?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 09:33:52 PM »
Thank you for the reply Pat.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM