+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Darn, torn glute tendon!  (Read 2089 times)

Woodstock Hippy

Darn, torn glute tendon!
« on: July 05, 2013, 01:28:56 PM »
I did this around Christmas and at first I thought it was nothing, but since it just lingers and it's really painful if I do something like slipping on the ice, I just had an MRI

Results; I have a partially torn gluteus minimus tendonwith tendonosis in the gluteus minimus and medius tendons and I also have a large fluid collection measuring 6.3 x 1.7 x 9.5 cm. 

I can't get ahold of the doctor today but I hope he can drain it right away and then repair the damage later.  I'll keep you posted of how it goes.

Wish me luck!
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

bestbob

Re: Darn, torn glute tendon!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 02:32:21 PM »
Woodstock - Sorry to read about the torn glute tendon. Do you have any idea how it happened?
RBHR June 18, 2013, Euclid General Ohio, Dr. Brooks

John C

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 02:51:53 PM »
Woodstock,
Sorry to hear about this, since it sounds like you have been very active and doing great before this.
One question came up for me in reading your report. Is there a way that they can tell if the fluid collection is from the tear, or is related to the resurfacing in some way. I suppose they could tell by examining the fluid if they drain it.
Hope they are able to get you fixed up soon.

John
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 03:10:36 PM »
It doesn't say the cause, but it's kind of weird; I can run, bike, swim and do everything I like but if I slip like on ice or miss clipping in on the bike or sit on the cat, wow that hurts.  I did the damage around Christmas and at first I didn't think much of it and didn't go back to the doc for a couple months.  Xrays looked good so he said to give it a few more months to see how it would go, but it didn't get better.

Oh yeah, I did it in a spectacular mountain bike crash, total yard sale!  I rode out but ended my ride for the day and I ran the next day.  In the beginning the worst part was getting into or out of my truck, I had to use my hand to help lift the leg.  Then I missed clipping in on the bike and yikes! that hurt.  So I'll see how it goes.  I hope this can heal on it's own.  I hope I can finish my racing season.  It has been going great so far..

hernanu

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 09:08:14 AM »
Sorry to hear that Woodstock, sounds like you were going great guns to that point.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

podgornymd

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 03:17:29 PM »
Sorry to hear about your setback. I am counting down the months that i can get back on my mtn bike. HOpefully this will be something that wont take to long of a recovery.Good luck!

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 03:48:04 PM »
I'm hoping that this won't be much of a setback.  I can do everything I like to do and I'm having some good finishes in races and it does feel like it's healing.  I think the issue now is to get the fluid drained and take it from there.  I'm hoping that if anything has to be done, it can wait until October when my season is over.

I don't think this has anything to do with the implant.  It could have happened to any 63 year old who was ripping down a singletrack trail and hooked his handlebar on a tree.  The bike went on way and I went spinning and twisting in the other.  I've been staying off of the mountain  bike waiting for this to heal.  If I have any sense I'll stay off it completely.

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 04:23:15 PM »
Age group 1st today in a sprint tri with a tough bike.  This can't be that bad.

hernanu

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 10:54:20 PM »
Not bad, Woodstock.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

lgbran

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 09:20:55 PM »
Just a query Woodstock
How long before you returned to cycling. I do a bit of road cycling and intend cycling up to the day before the op. How long were you off the bike and how long before you could clip in?
Cheers
Len
RBHR 11/11/13 by Stephen McMahon @
The Avenue Hospital Melbourne Australia

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM