+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: T - 20 days!!!!!  (Read 18077 times)

Mike D

Re: T - 20 days!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2013, 04:32:52 AM »
Hi Anna,
The ROH at Birmingham made all the arrangements for seat raisers, etc when I went there for the pre-op assessement.
I collected them from the community equipment loan service at Hazel Court (James St).
The seat raisers are just a set of adjustable blocks that go under the feet of a chair- they measured me at Birmingham and told me what height to set it up.
The first few days home for me were solely based on trying to get comfortable so these devices are a must.
The sister at the ROH made the arrangements for the district nurse to change my dressings when I was discharged so it was a doddle really. It sounds like you're going to have plenty of people around to treat you like a princess, Anna! 8)
Right Ceramic THR
Ronan Treacy   Birmingham R.O.H
8 August 2012

Anna

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2013, 05:02:42 AM »
Princess .... yup!  ;D

They didn't mention anything about this too me in my pre op appointment, but then the nurse was too busy playing with her phone. She went to take my blood pressure, put the thing on my arm and then left the room to call one of her friends in the cooridoor. The thing got tighter and tighter and didn't release and my arm was turning blue. It really hurt so I went to take it off. When she came back in she had a go at me saying it reacts to movement and it was my own fault. I really hope she is not my nurse when I go in!!! She was pretty incompetent.

Anyway, I will ask about all that I guess. There was no mention of toilet seats etc. I will sort it though! :)

Anna
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

Anna

Re: T - 2 days!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 01:25:31 PM »

I've just been to buy some magazines for my up and coming hospital visit. I went into the supermarket and as usual, the cycling ones were on the bottom shelf. Instead of feeling sad and almost crying at the thought of trying to bend down or kneel to look at them, or have the thought of just 'not bothering', a little grin appeared on my face and I thought 'This is the last time I have to do this. You b******* had better still be on that bottom shelf in a couple of months time!' ..... 2 days to go and doubts have definitely not kicked in yet. I've struggled all day today trying to do my last min organising and shopping. My hip is crying and is definitely ready. I wanted to write this down so that if the doubts and pre op nerves kick in tomorrow, I can remind myself that now is definitely the time.

All packed and ready, London bound tomorrow. In 48 hours I will be a true hippy!!! Wish me luck  ;D

Anna

Jason0411

• Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 01:29:05 PM »
Good luck Anna hope to hear from a pain free Anna soon.
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

hernanu

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 02:20:21 PM »
Awesome, Anna! Wishing you the best luck in the world.  ;D
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Mike D

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 03:56:25 PM »
Your hip is ready and so are you, Anna.
You've got a great attitude towards your surgery and its gonna push you through any tough times you may (or may not) have in your recovery.
Take it easy, don't rush the recovery and you'll be stooping for those bike mags with ease!
Go do it Anna- get rid of that arthritic hip and let us know how you're doing when your ready.
Mike.
Right Ceramic THR
Ronan Treacy   Birmingham R.O.H
8 August 2012

Anna

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 04:19:42 AM »
Thanks mike!! :)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal