+-

Author Topic: Back home from Chennai after a successful surgery  (Read 6536 times)

nancyk

Back home from Chennai after a successful surgery
« on: June 03, 2008, 05:55:57 PM »
Hi Everybody!

My husband and I are just back from our amazing experience with Dr.
Bose and the Apollo team in Chennai, Inda. I had surgery May 22nd and
I'm happy to report that I feel great--almost pain free and able to get
around so well!

I chronicled our trip and uploaded our pictures to my sewing blog.
Unfortunately, I'm not a very good picture taker; never seem to have my
camera on hand when I need it, so pictures are sparse. And when we went
back to Apollo for our last appointment, Dr. Bose was in surgery, but
we have a nice photo of Dr. Bis and one of the wonderful sisters. If
anyone is interested, you can view it at http://www.thefeeddog.com .

My husband, Ed, would like to say a special thank you to Pat, you were his
first contact in the long road that led us to India and Dr. Bose. We are
indebted to you for helping us make the best decision possible.

Nancy Valiquet Kriege

« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 07:53:01 PM by Pat Walter »

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Back home from Chennai after a successful surgery
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 10:32:19 PM »
Hi Nancy

Congratulations on your new hip.  Dr. Bose is a great hip resurfacing surgeon and really person.

I am glad everything went well.

Will you give me permission to copy your story from the blog to post here on the main website?

I hope everything continues to go well for you.

Keep in touch.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

maddy

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 04:45:35 PM »
Hi Nancy, I read your blog, looks like a wonderful trip and outcome, congratulations!

Maddy

Kal

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 07:12:29 PM »
This is the type of story that leads people to really consider resurfacing versus replacement!  Congratulations.

Well, my date is coming soon (June 24) and am booked on flight to UK that departs next week for London.  Plan to stay there for the weekend then off to my appointment in Birmingham with Ronan Treacy.  Have kept myself busy and keeping mind occupied with everything I have to do before I leave.  I have been to UK several times so getting around, etc. won't be a problem.  We booked a nice two bedroom apartment in an area that is termed as "city centre", which is only about two miles from the hospital.  So, Pat, I will try to keep in touch along the way and provide details of my experience the best that I can for your website.  If there are any pointers you can provide or if anyone else reading this that can offer me any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks all as this website has provided a wealth of information as well as encouragement to proceed forward...to the other side.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 09:10:12 PM »
Hi Kal

I look forward to receiving updates from you when you can send them.  Mr. Treacy is one of the very best in the world too. 

Why don't you post this first chapter of your story on the Hip Stories Section.  People will then be able to watch your story as it progresses.

I don't know what pointers to give you since I know Mr. Treacy does a great job for his hip resurfacing patients.  Staying 9 or 10 days post op is normally enough to get you ready for a long flight back home.  I hope you can enjoy your time while you are there.  You will be able to get around and at least eat at some wonderful resturants, I am sure.  I was able to sight see at about 5 days post op.  I did not do that much walking, but enough to get out for lunch or dinner.

I assume you read Leslie and Des Tuck's stories  http://www.surfacehippy.info/hipstories.php#Dr.%20Treacy

All of us that have traveled to Belguim, UK and India have had wonderful expereinces.  That is the advantage of groups like this and the Yahoo group - you are able to talk with people that have "been there and done that."

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

EdK

Second trip report...
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 05:21:41 PM »
hi everyone,

i'm nancy's husband ed, and here's an update -- we went back the end of march for nancy's other hip, and nancy's back (4 weeks post-op now) and doing great. dr. bose installed another depuy ASR, and nancy bounced back so quickly they released us two days early (to fisherman's cove).

dr. bose, dr. bis, mohan, the nurses and staff at the hospital, and the staff at fisherman's cove are all fantastic... we just couldn't ask for better care than we received there. nancy's looking forward to her first fully active pain-free summer in about 6 years, and we're deeply appreciative to dr. bose & co. + this site for all the great information that led us to this wonderful surgeon.

Recent Posts

Re: A Fantastic Surgery Experience by imgetinold
Yesterday at 04:20:40 PM

Re: Dr. Pritchard - week November 1, by imgetinold
Yesterday at 04:18:37 PM

Re: viruses, and resurfacing by imgetinold
Yesterday at 04:17:26 PM

Re: viruses, and resurfacing by zippymon213
October 26, 2021, 01:21:55 AM

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear