+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Tired, struggling to walk, and needing lots of sleep,is this normal  (Read 1999 times)

lgbran

Ideally  I would have the operation tomorrow however due to having to drop health insurance a few years back  I now find myself struggling through daily tasks at work, painkillers leave me drowsy and I can't wait to get to bed.  My aching hip is making me old before my time... I only hope that post op in due course I can return to some form of normality. This Forum is fantastic and a god send. The journeys contained within are inspiring and evey day viewing here is 1 day closer to my operation ..can't wait for November. My operation is long overdue
RBHR 11/11/13 by Stephen McMahon @
The Avenue Hospital Melbourne Australia

Lauren Lee

Re: Tired, struggling to walk, and needing lots of sleep,is this normal
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 09:14:08 PM »
So many of us here feel your pain. Being in pain is exhausting so I would have to say yes, it is normal. Plus you are probably not getting the exercise your body needs. So sorry about your health insurance. I wish you could have it tomorrow but yes...you are one day closer. I am glad that you are finding the forum helpful while you wait.
RBHR on June 17, 2013

Granton

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 03:02:56 AM »
The tiredness has also been my experience. I am finding it now (operation scheduled for October). Cannot wait to get to bed - even though its not that comfortable when I get there.

I am 65, but I had my first hip done at age 51. A few months after that one, when I had fully recovered, I suddenly realised that I was still moving around slowly even though the pain had gone. I resolved to do everything at a much higher pace and I got a tremendous energy boost - it really did take years off me and I achieved things that I never would have considered possible before the surgery.

Obviously I am hoping for a similar boost this time, though at 65 I guess it may not be so pronounced. The loss of the arthritis pain is GREAT!

David
Rt BHR 1999
Lt BHR scheduled Oct 2013
Mr McMinn
David
Rt BHR Nov 1999
Lt BHR Oct 2013
Mr D McMinn

Jason0411

• Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 07:17:42 AM »
I think pain killers do muck your body up big time. I think also, although you are dosed up, when you get to the point you seem to be at, the pain is still disturbing your sleep.
November isn't far off hang in there.
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

lgbran

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 10:37:03 PM »
Thanks folks marking each day off the calendar.looking forward to life post op and sharing my story here. The other hip is playing up..looking forward to cycling and doing lots pain free. Great forum and very helpful

lgbran

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 07:35:13 AM »
Had 4 days without painkillers just to see how I would feel and the pain was manageable.
On the 5Th day a bit more active (gardening and cycling) and felt o.k. On the 6Th and ironically Father's Day here in Australia in pain resulting in taking some painkillers. I intend to repeat this pattern rather then getting in the habit of constantly taking painkillers.it must not be good
For you. Looking forward to seeing surgeon in 2 weeks loaded up,with questions and info from this forum and should be more enlightened. My wife says I have become obsessed with my hip,and the surgery but I can't wait,til life post surgery.. This forum is just grand.

lgbran

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 03:26:15 AM »
Just been for a fish. Figure I might as well wet the line while I can.after hiking across the scrub and not catching a fish pulled up quite sore. Looking forward to 12 months from now when we'll on the way post op.

hernanu

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 07:49:53 AM »
Good that you're keeping active, all of that will come back to you (without the pain) after the op.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

lgbran

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 02:05:04 AM »
Yep can't wait. Just booked a cruise for march next year 3 months post op. completed a cruise early this year and struggled with my hip. Putting on 6kg in 12 days didn't help, however now 20 kilos lighter now and hopefully this time next year will be cycling  and swimming big time. marking days off calendar :)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat