+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Calling all Experts.  (Read 1952 times)

Jason0411

• Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
Calling all Experts.
« on: August 23, 2013, 07:12:58 AM »
My left hip is starting to be grumpy but not like my right was before my BHR. I can still in a standing position lift it to nearly 90 degrees but it is a bit sore. But when I walk I can feel it clunking on every step which at the time is bloody annoying but not really painful but when I stop it keeps stabbing and throbbing. Did anyone else have this as with my other hip it just got stiffer and more painful, I think.
 I can still walk with a good length stride and (as long as Mr McMinn isn't reading this) run when I want to. It hurts when I cycle and do Breastroke leg kick.
But the I can put up with the pains its that bloody annoying clunk feeling when I walk. Anyone else have that pre op??
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

hernanu

Re: Calling all Experts.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 07:51:14 AM »
I did, Jason - not clunking, but what I called dislocating, since I've had that in other parts of me and it felt exactly the same.

With my first one I didn't notice it clunking or anything, but it did start dislocating after a while. I first noticed it when moving my oldest into her dorm room at college.

I was running the stairs with crates on my shoulders, then raising her bed to allow her to have storage under it, when my hip just sort of slipped out. I couldn't put pressure enough on it to stand well, tried to walk and couldn't and was just standing there perplexed while my daughter asked me what was wrong.

I finally twisted my hip inwards and it popped back into place. I could walk again, thankfully all of her crates and things had been moved in, so all I had to do was to walk down four flights of stairs, then drive two hours home.

I guess my point is that grumpy pain is the main thread, but with the loss of cartilage, the bone spurs, etc. I was also being structurally destabilized. The "dislocations" continued, becoming more frequent and I adapted.

Being naturally stubborn and obtuse, I kept up my activities, playing soccer, dislocating, popping the hip back in and resuming. It became scary when I woke up with it in that position, then tried for a half hour to 'pop it back in'.

There's no prediction of the progression of OA, I guess. which areas lose cartilage and the effect structurally as the degradation continues. So clunking may be part of it for some of us.

Has Mr. McMinn looked at it?
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Jason0411

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 08:39:03 AM »
When I had my right done he said the left had about 4-5 years possibly left. That was nearly two years ago and before I had to bare all my weight on it for three months then partial for several months more after my fracture.

Its getting to that point when it niggles most of the time.
Self repairing.

HippyDogwood

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 09:31:54 AM »
Do you have FAI as clunking may welll be the sound of the impingement interacting with the hip socket, as it acts like a kind of door stop.

Jason0411

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 12:29:06 PM »
Ok whats FAI?
Self repairing.

whyme

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 12:59:59 PM »
FAI = Femoral Acetabular Impingment, there are loads of articles and references on the internet.
Left hip resurfacing (Conserve Plus) 2013-09-04
Dr. De Smet

Jason0411

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 04:53:43 AM »
It is not something I have had in the past feels more loose than anything. Think it might just be moving a bit in the joint as the gap gets bigger. Off work for 4 days next week so will see if things improve when I am not on my feet so long. According to my pedometer I am averaging between 4 and 5 miles a day 6 days a week at work. Then on my ngiht and day off I have the arduous walk to the pub and back or Carrow Road home of the mighty Canaries. So I might walk 2 miles on my day off. Trouble is I only get one. I will have to have a word with my boss about doing less hours. (oh bugger that would be me).
Self repairing.

hernanu

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 10:00:09 AM »
How's the HR hip holding up Jason?
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Jason0411

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 12:38:23 PM »
Mucking Farvelous Hern. Feeling stronger all the time I can do just about anything I like now and a lot more than I could do Pre op thats for sure.
Self repairing.

Jason0411

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 05:22:28 AM »
Just checked my Pedometer 3.48 miles before 10.00 am Hip started clunking about 9.00 a.m so I think it may be use related.
Self repairing.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat