+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 4 Weeks Today  (Read 1244 times)

Charvel101

• Bi Lateral Hip Replacements 6 Years Apart
4 Weeks Today
« on: September 16, 2013, 12:49:17 PM »
Really gaing lots of movement down to one crutch , decided to follow what i was told to the letter.
I do feel ok taking a few steps unaided but I feel weak and have to concentrate. So one crutch and wow my calf is aching knee is sore and my good leg feels so tired , I hope it's just adjusting to the load after 4 weeks taking it easy .   I am worried about the tender feeling on the side of my leg outer hip area tender and slight pain when I am active.  I maybe need to take it easy not sure any advice for 4 weeks post Op would be great guys.   I am resisting the temptation to push it. 

Have been in the gym doing upper body on machines all good.  Just wonder if the soft tissue pain is normal mild but there along with weakness .

Chris

Great to feel more normal
Mr Mcminn 2013 August 20th Left BHR   (-:
Ronan Treacy January 2020 Right BHR

hernanu

Re: 4 Weeks Today
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 01:26:42 PM »
You are going to feel lots of twinges and soreness. Just getting back to being active in the right way will put pressure on your muscles. Pretty normal.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

John C

Re: 4 Weeks Today
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 04:51:25 PM »
I can really relate to your description of pain on the outside of your hip when you are active. When I was at four weeks like you, it encouraged me to take crutches along for long walks, and kept me from throwing the crutches away until about six weeks. It was pretty good after that, but I would still have occasional flareups that would last a week or two over the next 12-18 months when I had major changes in my activities. By two years it ceased to be an issue. My doc said that it was bursitis of the bursa that sits over the greater trochanter. Since the IT band crosses this bursa, I and many others found that working on the IT band often helped a lot with this issue, though I would check with your doctor about how much you should do at just four weeks.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM