+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Waiting for surgery # 2  (Read 1335 times)

Juno

Waiting for surgery # 2
« on: September 19, 2013, 08:40:16 PM »
I am 10 weeks post op on hip number 1 and doing well. However, the other hip has deteriorated so much faster than I expected. The ROM is diminished significantly and I have so much pain from hip to knee. It really is effecting total recovery of the repaired joint. I am very impatiently waiting for surgery number 2 in December -- 3 months to go. I can't wait to have both hips working correctly.

Just whining. Thanks for listening.
Right resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 7/11/13
Left resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 12/11/13

Lauren Lee

Re: Waiting for surgery # 2
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 11:46:20 PM »
Juno, Can you move your surgery up? You're strong, you're healing...I'll bet you could do it. I am 12 weeks and if I had to, I think I could handle it and WELCOME it if it was messing with my recovery. Anyway, sorry your other hip is giving you fits right now.
RBHR on June 17, 2013

Juno

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 07:09:39 AM »
Hi Lauren --- I suppose I probably could get an earlier date with Dr. Gross, but I am scheduling around my work schedule. I have two weeks off work around the Christmas holidays so I'm having the survey then so I will only need to take 2-3 additional weeks off from work (total 5 weeks recuperation at home).

Work always gets in the way! Lol!
Right resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 7/11/13
Left resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 12/11/13

fenceman

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 09:46:51 AM »
The other side is the longer you wait, the stronger hip 1 will be to compensate while hip 2 is healing.  The other hip is deteriorating faster because it has had to do most of the work while hip 1 is healing.  December will be here before you know it.   Good luck with recovery.
Bill
L-BHR - Aug 2008 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
R-BHR - Dec 2012 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Euclid Hospital
L-BHR Revision Nov 2017 - Dr. Brooks Euclid

hernanu

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 10:06:39 AM »
It's ok to whine Juno, we've all done it.

I also had mine rapidly deteriorate after the first HR. I think it was probably a combination of the pain from the first (worst) masking the second. After the pain from the first was gone, like a neglected diva, the second began to sing.

The increase in activity, just how well the first HR functioned I think put a lot more pressure on the less capable original equipment.

I had three months in between, but by the third month, I was ready. Time does fly, try to be as comfortable as possible, December will be here presently.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

whyme

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 02:49:25 PM »
You're scheduled for hip #2 because it's ready to go. Now is giving you more trouble as it's under additional stress (and adjusting to the new position) while the repaired one gets up to speed.
I'm in a somewhat similar situation, 2 weeks post op and the hip that hurts is the non-operated! In theory it still has some years left (hard to know), so I can understand how yours, more deteriorated, is complaining...
Left hip resurfacing (Conserve Plus) 2013-09-04
Dr. De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM