+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 6 week update and x-ray's  (Read 19201 times)

Mike D

Re: 6 week update and x-ray's
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 06:50:15 PM »
Hi Reno,
I'm going great, like Anna I'm walking where I used to drive and don't even consider having to park close to where I need to be, I'm loving it!
Like you, I was more 'slow lane' in my first 6 months but things have moved fast and I now have lots of days where I don't think about my hip at all, something I could never have thought possible in the pre-op arthritic months.
Keep working that hip Reno, you're doing fine!
Right Ceramic THR
Ronan Treacy   Birmingham R.O.H
8 August 2012

Anna

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 07:28:00 PM »
Ha ha Reno! You make me laugh.  ;D I am chuffed to bits that you have not only remembered the word chuffed but are using it correctly  ;D I am however not quite running yet... I'm not that naughty! It doesn't matter if you are moving in the slow lane as long as you are still moving forward.

Len - Thanks! I'm glad to spread the positivity. I remember before my operation how reassuring it was to read some positive posts as its such a massive, scary thing to go through. If I'm having a bad day or suffering slightly I think back to certain times and incidents just before my op and I cannot believe how far I have come in such little time. I don't think I will ever forget the physical pain and the little things that were so difficult like putting your socks on .... only a fellow hippy could understand. I guess that's why this group is so great. Good luck in your op and don't forget to update us when you reach the other side!

Anna
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

hernanu

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 08:51:25 AM »
Anna, great results for a great person. I'm happy that you're doing so well. All of that striving and now you're hitting your goals pain free. Congrats!

Just great.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Anna

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 11:32:27 AM »
Thanks Hern :D :D ;D

Some Dude

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 01:13:00 AM »
Great news ! 8)  I'm 6 weeks and 2 days out from a bhr  revision to a thr. Walking without a crutch, feeling stronger everyday, and waking up in a good mood for once  ;D  My x-ray is similar to yours with 2 screws in the cup as well. Very encouraging news, stoked for you !

Mike D

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 04:03:07 PM »
Dude! Good on yer- you're doing fine. Glad to hear you're pain free and enjoying life.
Personally, I like to see screws in acetabular cups- as a carpenter it makes them look solid, you know it will never move!
Anna will be chuffed that you are stoked!
 ;D
Right Ceramic THR
Ronan Treacy   Birmingham R.O.H
8 August 2012

Anna

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2013, 11:59:46 AM »
Eeeeek, I haven't been on this site for a while .... I must be enjoying life too much!!  ;D

I am indeed chuffed that you are stoked some dude!!!!  8) I hope you are still having a good recovery. Mike - why didn't you say, you could have just done my surgery for me, wacked in a few screws and saved me a fortune in fuel travelling to London!!

I hope you are all well and I wish everyone a hippy hoppy merry Christmas  ::) x x

Some Dude

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2013, 04:57:09 PM »
Sounds like good news across the board.  8)

Reno

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2013, 08:52:47 PM »
Hey Some Dude!

I hope you are continuing your road to recovery without any hiccups. Tomorrow I will be 4 months and 1 week out!  Whew Whoo!

Send an update when you can. 

Take care and Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear