+-

Author Topic: 6 week update and x-ray's  (Read 17459 times)

Mike D

Re: 6 week update and x-ray's
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 11:50:15 PM »
Hi Reno,
I'm going great, like Anna I'm walking where I used to drive and don't even consider having to park close to where I need to be, I'm loving it!
Like you, I was more 'slow lane' in my first 6 months but things have moved fast and I now have lots of days where I don't think about my hip at all, something I could never have thought possible in the pre-op arthritic months.
Keep working that hip Reno, you're doing fine!
Right Ceramic THR
Ronan Treacy   Birmingham R.O.H
8 August 2012

Anna

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 12:28:00 AM »
Ha ha Reno! You make me laugh.  ;D I am chuffed to bits that you have not only remembered the word chuffed but are using it correctly  ;D I am however not quite running yet... I'm not that naughty! It doesn't matter if you are moving in the slow lane as long as you are still moving forward.

Len - Thanks! I'm glad to spread the positivity. I remember before my operation how reassuring it was to read some positive posts as its such a massive, scary thing to go through. If I'm having a bad day or suffering slightly I think back to certain times and incidents just before my op and I cannot believe how far I have come in such little time. I don't think I will ever forget the physical pain and the little things that were so difficult like putting your socks on .... only a fellow hippy could understand. I guess that's why this group is so great. Good luck in your op and don't forget to update us when you reach the other side!

Anna
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

hernanu

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 01:51:25 PM »
Anna, great results for a great person. I'm happy that you're doing so well. All of that striving and now you're hitting your goals pain free. Congrats!

Just great.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Anna

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 04:32:27 PM »
Thanks Hern :D :D ;D

Some Dude

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 06:13:00 AM »
Great news ! 8)  I'm 6 weeks and 2 days out from a bhr  revision to a thr. Walking without a crutch, feeling stronger everyday, and waking up in a good mood for once  ;D  My x-ray is similar to yours with 2 screws in the cup as well. Very encouraging news, stoked for you !

Mike D

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 09:03:07 PM »
Dude! Good on yer- you're doing fine. Glad to hear you're pain free and enjoying life.
Personally, I like to see screws in acetabular cups- as a carpenter it makes them look solid, you know it will never move!
Anna will be chuffed that you are stoked!
 ;D
Right Ceramic THR
Ronan Treacy   Birmingham R.O.H
8 August 2012

Anna

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2013, 04:59:46 PM »
Eeeeek, I haven't been on this site for a while .... I must be enjoying life too much!!  ;D

I am indeed chuffed that you are stoked some dude!!!!  8) I hope you are still having a good recovery. Mike - why didn't you say, you could have just done my surgery for me, wacked in a few screws and saved me a fortune in fuel travelling to London!!

I hope you are all well and I wish everyone a hippy hoppy merry Christmas  ::) x x

Some Dude

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2013, 09:57:09 PM »
Sounds like good news across the board.  8)

Reno

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2013, 01:52:47 AM »
Hey Some Dude!

I hope you are continuing your road to recovery without any hiccups. Tomorrow I will be 4 months and 1 week out!  Whew Whoo!

Send an update when you can. 

Take care and Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!

Mission Statement
Surface Hippy presents information about hip resurfacing. It does not provide medical advice.
It is designed to support, not to replace, the relationship between patient and clinician.
Advertising - Revenue from this site is derived from commercial advertising and individual donations. Any advertisement is distinguished by the word "advertisement"
Privacy - Surface Hippy does not share email addresses or personal information with any group or organization.
Content - Surface Hippy is not controlled or influenced by any medical companies, doctors or hospitals.
All content is controlled by Patricia Walter - Joint Health Sites LLC 2005 - 2018 Web design by Patricia Walter.

Hip TalkModeration

Authority

The Hip Talk Discussion Group or forum is moderated on a Daily basis by Patricia Walter.

The moderator and forum members are not regarded as health professionals.

Complementarity

The information provided on this forum is designed to support, not replace, the direct relationship between patients and health professionals.

Privacy

We remind you that this forum is public and any message can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all.
You do have the option to delete your messages. However, under exceptional circumstances, you can contact the moderator to do so. Thus, please take care regarding the information that you post.

The moderator and members should conduct themselves at all times with respect and honesty.

By using our forums, you agree to post information that is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and is of your personal experience. If the information you post is not personal experience, we request you to provide sources (references, links, etc..) whenever it is relevant and possible.

You are not allowed to post advertisements, whether in the form of text links or banners, for example.

Please keep your comments positive and polite. If you have a disagreement with another forum member, moderator or the site owner; please use the the private message feature of this forum or email the member. We try to avoid emotional conflicts on the discussion group and we will do so by removing posts and banning those that cause problems.

The moderator reserves the right to delete any messages deemed inappropriate without notifying the author. In cases of abuse, the moderator reserve the right to ban a member of the forum. In both instances, an explanation will be provided if user requests.

Recent Posts

Re: Psoas Tendonitis improvement by Jerryt
Today at 09:15:37 AM

Re: FDA approved device and experienced hip resurfacing doctor by stevel
November 15, 2019, 05:22:55 PM

Re: Psoas Tendonitis improvement by jimbone
November 15, 2019, 04:45:20 PM

Re: 8 year Anniversary Tomorrow by Pat Walter
November 15, 2019, 03:40:32 PM

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear