+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hi finally home after 10 days in hospital  (Read 2687 times)

Jaks111

Hi finally home after 10 days in hospital
« on: September 21, 2013, 06:29:31 PM »
Im home now, tucked up on my bed, after 10 days in hospital operation went well just had problems with my blood pressure being to low etc just need to recover now, but shattered.
Jackie
X

Juno

Re: Hi finally home after 10 days in hospital
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 06:47:17 PM »
Jackie, I am so sorry to hear you had such a traumatic and long hospital stay. So glad you are now home and can really start your recovery. Praying for you to feel better. Rest as much as possible.
Right resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 7/11/13
Left resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 12/11/13

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 10:11:57 AM »
Good that you're home, Jackie. We've had several hippies with rough starts, their recovery went well afterwards.

Good luck now!
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Jaks111

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 06:40:18 PM »
Thank you I will get there in the end, I  just wake up with a bad back and stiff leg
Thank you.

Lauren Lee

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 11:17:13 PM »
Jackie, 10 days in the hospital must have been completely exausting. There is no place like home and I am glad you are finally there. Let the healing begin...body, mind and spirit! Mend strong.
RBHR on June 17, 2013

Jaks111

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 04:34:26 AM »
Hi all,
It's been 3 weeks today since my op, I dont feel I'm progressing as fast as I had hoped, I had to stay an extra week in hospital due to not being able to walk, due to low blood pressure and fainting that kept me in bed.  (has that put me behind )
I'm on 2 crutches trying to keep mobile around the house.
How long will I be on 2 crutches for, I have my post op appointment with mr traecey on 23rd October will I be off them by then or at least 1 of them.
Am I being impatient?
Jackie

bkeers

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 06:56:21 AM »
Jaks111,
Sounds like your are doing fine considering 10 days in the hospital.
Your legs must be weak due to being in bed for 10 days so take
your time and let them strengthen gradually using the crutches.

Best of luck

fenceman

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 09:00:22 AM »
Sorry to hear about your slow start.   My first hip recovery progressed much slower than I thought it would.  I thought I would be back to normal activities by 6 week but that was not the case.  I remember resting in bed 12 days after surgery thinking "what have I done to myself?".   But after that time my mood improved and I started making good progress in my recovery.

Typically your on crutches for 6 weeks depending on your Doctor.    At 4 weeks I was able to go down to 1 crutch and keep the weight bearing restriction. Using 1 crutch is so much easier because you can open doors or carry things with the free hand.  At 6 weeks I didn't even bring my crutches to the Doctor's visit, just a cane. 

Things will get better from here.
Bill
L-BHR - Aug 2008 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
R-BHR - Dec 2012 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Euclid Hospital
L-BHR Revision Nov 2017 - Dr. Brooks Euclid

keepmovin

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 12:30:49 PM »
Hi Jaks11,

I had my first 2 1/2 years ago and due for my second in two weeks.  I don't recall much from the first other than it took me longer to recover than some folks here on site, and I was in good shape!  You've spent 10 days in hospital so your muscles have been weaken a bit.  One thing I remember my Dr. saying is that walking is the best thing you can do to get mobility back and strengthen the proper muscles to regain strength.  He wanted more focus on walking and working on proper gait return more than anything.

Be patient, given your setback, and work on regaining muscle strength - may take longer but you'll get there! :)
LBHR - HSS, Dr. Su, 4/11/2011
RBHR - HSS, Dr. Su,  10/17/2013

Jaks111

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 04:34:27 PM »
Thanks to all the above posters, as from tomorrow I intend to have a little walk with both crutches every day just to get the leg stronger, I'm getting bored I'm used to being active.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat