+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 12 month X-Ray  (Read 9746 times)

Mike D

12 month X-Ray
« on: October 10, 2013, 03:43:11 PM »
I'm having some trouble getting my photo up so hope this works;
Right Ceramic THR
Ronan Treacy   Birmingham R.O.H
8 August 2012

evant

Re: 12 month X-Ray
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 06:57:32 AM »
Mike it looks very impressive - even more so to me as I know the internationally acclaimed artist very well.

I was only able to view it on a @ 1.5 inch by 1.5 inch photo - maybe other more technically minded hippies know how to expand the viewing further.

rbhr 3 january 2013
mr ronan treacy
royal orthopaedic hospital, birmingham, england

Mike D

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 03:57:57 PM »
Cheers,Evant.
I've struggled to resize the picture down to the correct size to upload on here so maybe someone can let me know the best way?
Thanks,Mike.
Right Ceramic THR
8 August 2012

Anna

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 04:38:00 AM »
Wow, that looks like a good bit of kit Mike!!!! I feel like a proud mother showing off mine now. Ha. My friends always look shocked when they see it and always say they didn't realise it was so big or that so much bone would be replaced. I think reality finally hits them when they see the x-rays of the enormity of the operation and that the pain I was 'putting on' for so long was infact very real  ;D

Lets hope these babies last us for years to come!

Anna
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

oldsoccerplayer

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 08:25:03 AM »
On seeing my x-ray a friend commented "is that a pin in your pelvis, or are you just happy to see me?"
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

Mike D

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 03:31:10 PM »
 All of our X-Rays, both the HR & THR's never cease to amaze me-it brings home the skill of the surgeons who have the confidence and ability to give us these amazing implants and allow us to have normal lives again.
There is a waiting area at the ROH in Birmingham that has an old picture of the hospital on the wall and it has the hospital's original name on-The Royal Cripples Hospital.
It surprised me that they had it there these days, but I'm glad they do-what a reminder how far we've come!
Right Ceramic THR
8 August 2012

Anna

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 06:07:03 AM »
The Royal Cripples hospital?! Ha, that shouldn't make me laugh but it does. Things have moved on so much. I guess we are lucky we have these problems now and not years ago .... and I guess in 30 years time when technology has moved on even more, hippys will look at us and think we got the bad end of the stick and feel sorry for us!! Either way, I love my new hip  ;D

hernanu

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 10:10:45 AM »
The Royal Cripples hospital?! Ha, that shouldn't make me laugh but it does. Things have moved on so much. I guess we are lucky we have these problems now and not years ago .... and I guess in 30 years time when technology has moved on even more, hippys will look at us and think we got the bad end of the stick and feel sorry for us!! Either way, I love my new hip  ;D

I'm glad your hip happiness is catching up to the restofyou happiness, Anna!
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Mike D

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 04:46:44 PM »
There's some interesting stuff on the walls there- one lady tells how she enjoyed watching the seasons change through the window and what a treat it was to be wheeled outside in the gardens on summer afternoons with other patients!
Maybe it was for more than hip replacement but it seems it wasn't uncommon to be in hospital for a very long time.
Most of us are in and out within the week!
Right Ceramic THR
8 August 2012

evant

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 02:51:16 AM »
Mike

I'll look much closer for the interesting historical items when I return for my 12 monthly check up in the New Year.

Even though Birmingham (England) has expanded, the hospital's location is still in a pleasant location. However, when it was originally I built I'm sure it was very much on its own in vast countryside, and maybe the observance of the changing seasons, for the long term patients, was a pleasant, popular interest.

But, as you say, in and out within a few days is my preferred choice too.
rbhr 3 january 2013
mr ronan treacy
royal orthopaedic hospital, birmingham, england

Anna

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 06:20:53 AM »
Wow, 4 days was long enough for me!!

.. and thanks Hern :)

Anna

Advertisements

Recent Posts