+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Re healing pulling from the operated side how long does it last  (Read 3197 times)

Jaks111

Re healing pulling from the operated side how long does it last
« on: October 25, 2013, 04:23:14 PM »
In the mornings my side is fine but after a while or a long walk it seems as though it's pulling it's common I have been told as its healing I had my operation 6 weeks ago how long does it last.
Thanks jacki

Juno

Re: Re healing pulling from the operated side how long does it last
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 04:52:10 PM »
Hi Jackie,

Is it the side of your leg that is pulling? I think that is vey common --- the IT band is tight and causes pain/tightness from the thigh to the knee. A foam roller and stretching does help. I have tightness and a pull from my knee to my ankle and I am finding that daily stretching is helping. It's been there ever since surgery 15 weeks ago. It did bother me before the surgery, but I'm thinking I was compensating so much and now that the muscle has been "righted" it needs to relearn how to work again without fatigue.

It will get better, but it takes time. Try a roller!
Right resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 7/11/13
Left resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 12/11/13

Jaks111

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 03:16:10 AM »
Thanks Juno, it's the hip bone/cheek bottom area  ;) I'm sure you know where I mean yes it's a pulling tightness I don't have a roller as I don't know where or what to buy otherwise what is the best stretching excersise I'm doing plenty of stretching against the chair and at the sink
Thanks again.

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 08:11:15 AM »
Thanks Juno, it's the hip bone/cheek bottom area  ;) I'm sure you know where I mean yes it's a pulling tightness I don't have a roller as I don't know where or what to buy otherwise what is the best stretching excersise I'm doing plenty of stretching against the chair and at the sink
Thanks again.

Hi Jackie, here's a source for our UK folks:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foam-Roller-Black-60cm-15cm/dp/B00D7AC5G2/ref=sr_1_21?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1382789032&sr=1-21&keywords=foam+roller

I'd use the 90cm version, as I think 45 is just too small.

Another stretch that I used early on for that area is to face a chair seat back to the left or right, move your foot on top of the seat, flat. If that's enough of a stretch, just hold it in place. If you can do more, then gently move forward until you feel resistance, hold for 20 seconds if possible.

Again, gently. Do this several times for both sides (always want both sides to be in balance).

I had no limitations, so always be governed by your restrictions.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 08:12:30 AM by hernanu »
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Jaks111

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 04:17:52 PM »
Thanks will try those

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat