+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Retrospect  (Read 3065 times)

bestbob

Retrospect
« on: October 26, 2013, 07:34:33 PM »
Hello Everyone, for the newbies on the site, I had a BHR June 18th, 2013 by Dr. Brooks. I do check in every now and then, and wanted to share with you all that I still appreciate ALL of the input/support provided before and after the surgery. I was searching for a specific topic and one of my old post's came up from May 24, 2013, and it mentioned all the pain I was in and how I was hoping I wouldn't become fully disabled prior to surgery. That one sentence really made me think on how this site helped me get thru daily living for many months, truthfully!

Sometimes I/we forget what we went thru in the past, so in retrospect I have made a promise to myself to stay in touch, as I want to give back and show my support for anyone going threw what a lot of us have already.

Pat, thanks again for this wonderful site.

Bob
RBHR June 18, 2013, Euclid General Ohio, Dr. Brooks

Jason0411

• Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
Re: Retrospect
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 05:58:48 AM »
I think you are so right we do totally forget how life was before. It is amazing how we can take things for granted after HR. However I am now at the point that I get regular pain in my other hip so I getting reminded. I will not let it get as bad as my right was don't want to feel like an old man again. I can still do pretty much everything I want just pay for it afterwards.
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:59:31 AM »
Bob
Thank You for your post.  I often tell people going thru bad post op recoveries that they will eventually forget how poorly their recovery was when they finally get pain free and active again.  The now is so vivid when it is bad, but our minds somehow have a way of putting all that stuff far away when we are healed.  That's a good thing.

Good Luck and stop back now and then.  Anniversaries are great times to make a short post for the perspective patients to know that hip resurfacing really works.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Juno

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 11:29:53 AM »
Bob, so glad to hear you are doing well! Great post and so true.
Right resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 7/11/13
Left resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 12/11/13

hernanu

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 09:59:38 PM »
Excellent post and great that you're doing well, Bob.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Jaks111

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 04:19:14 AM »
Good to hear you are doing well I had my op 7 weeks ago I'm struggling to be normal, I will get there eventually
Thanks jacki

happyhopper

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 10:10:16 AM »
Dear Jacki
Pleased your op went well - this op is very demanding on the soft tissues as I believe the surgeon dislocates the leg and turns the leg around whilst operating.  Your surgeon also works very quickly, so suggest take things easy at this stage.
Most high volume surgeons seem to have a 2 stage exercise programme, basic exercises up until the 6 week review and then a second more advanced programme if all is well at that stage. (see McMinn and Dr Gross's websites - I think Dr Gross's 2nd stage programme is under Forms to complete).
I have been on a doctor's referral to a gym but my trainer was not that well informed.  It also depends on how quickly you progress on what condition your muscles were before surgery and whether you had any muscle imbalances before surgery.  If there is a Yoga or Stretch class at the gym you have been referred to, these may be a good option.  I met my present trainer/therapist through a Yoga class - he is married to her!  It works well because she can see my limitations in the class and coupled with a full postural/biomechanical assessment by him, I am making gradual long awaited improvement.
This is major surgery, so please be patient.
Regards

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal