+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Icing post op .. Duration of icing  (Read 2580 times)

lgbran

Icing post op .. Duration of icing
« on: November 18, 2013, 09:01:16 PM »
Here I am 8 days post op. I have been icing 24/7. Using ice brought from the local supermarket , double bagged in freezer bags and in a pillow slip and slap that on the nhip. No where in my post instructions does it cover icing. What are fellow surface hippies post ice recoveries as in I was planning to ice 24/7 for another 6 days or should l be backing off now
Cheers Len
RBHR 11/11/13 by Stephen McMahon @
The Avenue Hospital Melbourne Australia

obxpelican

Re: Icing post op .. Duration of icing
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 08:36:01 AM »
If you are swollen or in a bad pain, keep icing, it cannot hurt and it does ease swelling and pain.

Keep as active as your body will allow, if your doctor allows for 100% weight then for sure use that hip asap and as much as your body allows.

Chuck

Here I am 8 days post op. I have been icing 24/7. Using ice brought from the local supermarket , double bagged in freezer bags and in a pillow slip and slap that on the nhip. No where in my post instructions does it cover icing. What are fellow surface hippies post ice recoveries as in I was planning to ice 24/7 for another 6 days or should l be backing off now
Cheers Len
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

whyme

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 11:17:11 AM »
Hi Len,
I've used ice since after the operation (2.5 months ago) more on a need basis rather than 24x7. Basically, when the area is swollen (not anymore) or I feel discomfort or mild pain for a while.
I would use it typically after activity (now I skip it sometimes), and quite regularly in the evenings before going to sleep.
Left hip resurfacing (Conserve Plus) 2013-09-04
Dr. De Smet

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 03:10:57 PM »
Just as a procedure, make sure you only ice about ten or fifteen minutes, then give yourself a break for about the same amount of time, repeat as needed.

You want the icing, but you also want to avoid frostbite, you don't need that.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat