+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Swelling Pain & Stiffness  (Read 9390 times)

Kevin Warr

Re: Swelling Pain & Stiffness
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 02:01:33 AM »
Went for my first drive today to the shopping centre. No problems driving just slow getting in and out of the car. I parked next to a car with plenty of space to open my door to swing my legs out but when I got back to the car that car had gone and another parked there but very close to my door. It took my 5 minutes to manaouvre myself into the drivers seat grrrrr. Another lesson learned on were you should park, maybe next to a column next time.
K
Surgery 14/12/13 - Dr Patrick Weinrauch

Kevin Warr

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 06:09:09 PM »
Hello All

Now at 3 1/2 weeks and have now gone down to one crutch, but the one thing I have noticed is that I am getting this little clicking sound sometimes every step and sometimes after a few.
I rang my surgeon and was told it is quite normal, not actually the implant making the sound but the tissue surrounding it. As the tissue heals and strengthens the clicking will subside.
Some days I feel I am making lots of progress and others not, but in general I think it is going well

K
Surgery 14/12/13 - Dr Patrick Weinrauch

Miguelito

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 10:13:53 PM »
Kevin,

One thing I discovered after my HR was that recover is not straight lineal. There are going to be (hopefully minor) setbacks and sometimes a week or two will go by and you will feel you are no further along. You will get there in the end.

Mike
RHR April 2012.
LHR March 2014.

Both Biomet Magnum/Recap 54/48, by Dr. Thomas Gross.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear