+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: REFFERED PAIN ISSUES _ HELP ??  (Read 4653 times)

Kevin Warr

REFFERED PAIN ISSUES _ HELP ??
« on: January 13, 2014, 02:01:41 AM »
OK

This may seem weird, but I have been having some serious pain in my lower jaw. I went to the dentist today, she took Xrays, checked out the teeth I thought the pain was coming from but she could not find anything wrong. She said it could be referred pain from some of the exercises I was doing or something called TMJ.
Has anyone heard of this or had similar issues.
The problem is I stopped taking my Panadol Osteo 24 hours before and went of all pain medication and that is when it all started. I started to take the Panadol again about 3 hours ago to see if that helps.
The Physio has me doing lots of crunches or situps at the moment to improve core strength and it might be caused by the extra pressure on my neck. I am going to stop those exercises for the next couple of days and see what happens.
My surgeon is away on leave for the next 2 weeks so I haven't been able to contact him for advice.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ???????

Kev
Surgery 14/12/13 - Dr Patrick Weinrauch

China Lady

Re: REFFERED PAIN ISSUES _ HELP ??
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 06:36:12 AM »
I am not sure, but sometimes pain comes from the "soul". sorry, my English is just OK, not more. in German we have a saying: die Zaehne zusammen beissen. that means, you do something which brings you out of your comfort zone and you need a lot of strength to do it. while doing it, you press your teeth together. sometimes you do it in reality and sometimes it is metamorphic.
a friend of mine always developed back pain, when her mother in law visited
..... I will find out

Miguelito

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 07:47:39 AM »
Hi Kev,

I have had TMJ a couple of times in my life. I was having unilaeral jaw pain a few weeks ago for a few weeks but it went away. Never went to the doctor. I had it (with a diagnosis, but TMJ might be one of those somewhat catch all diagnoses, not sure) really bad when I was 18 and was having arthritis flares in a number of joints at the same time (one knee, both hios, back vertebrae, neck vertebrae, jaw). I probably have some sort of inflammatory arthritis (in addition(?) to the FAI that has wrecked my hips).

That being said I also just found out I had a cavity in that neighborhood, but the pain faded away before found out about that.

I guess my point is that I am not aware that the jaw could be caused by your hip, but I do think there is a possibility of an underlying inflammatory condition. Or it could be unrelated completely and coming off the panadol (a pain-killer, right? opiate?) is just exposing that you have something else going on.

Hope it fades (as mine did). Was tough to chew for a while there.

Mike
RHR April 2012.
LHR March 2014.

Both Biomet Magnum/Recap 54/48, by Dr. Thomas Gross.

Kevin Warr

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 04:10:03 PM »
Found the problem with my pain and it was what I had originally expected an infected tooth. I revisited the dentist for a second opinion and she found the culprit. This was after I was in so much severe pain I ended up in ER at the hospital for half a day where they ran various tests and Ultra sounds on my jaw but could not find any problem which is when I decided to get that 2nd opinion from the dentist. I have since had root canal treatment to alleviate the issue and it all seems OK now. How can such a small tooth create so much drama.

Kev
Surgery 14/12/13 - Dr Patrick Weinrauch

hernanu

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 09:21:43 PM »
Sorry that you had to deal with that Kev, but glad that you got it taken care of.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Placenc40

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 05:17:58 AM »
Oh, that seems really bad but if I had been at your place I would have consulted another dentist. Well, I also had similar kind of pain with some sensitivity in the wisdom tooth so it was really hard for me to cure all this with home remedies and this is why had to consult dentist Redondo Beach. There was gingivitis and cavity so proper treatment was provided by the dentist. Now there is no issue at all.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat