+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Foot numbness  (Read 4093 times)

Jnick

Foot numbness
« on: January 27, 2014, 02:46:21 PM »
I was 6 weeks post-op on Friday. No cane. No joint pain just surgical soreness. For about 3 days after surgery I had foot numbness and tingling that resolved over about a week. Now today I notice numbness in the bottom of the foot again. Slightly worried cause it had gone and now is back. I did stand more than usual yesterday and was driving for two 2 hour rides. Anyone experience a "come and go" of the foot numbness? No weakness at this point. Thanks and what a great site!

hernanu

Re: Foot numbness
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 05:15:21 PM »
Not under the foot, but I did on the lower thigh at different times. Not a bad numbness, just a bit of 'coldness'.  It was never really a problem, and went away.

Later (much later, about a year), when I started doing heavy stretches I noticed the same feeling for a small time; I figured there was scar tissue or something that affected things.

I eased up, continued with yoga and martial arts, then eventually did those exercises without a problem. If it persists, get it looked at, but some times, it's just your body coming back online.

If you're concerned at all, give your surgeon's office a call, even if just to clear your mind.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

oldsoccerplayer

Re: Foot numbness
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 05:17:37 PM »
I didn't have foot numbness but I did have all sorts of tweaks and twinges that came and went for about 4 months post-op. I didn't keep a journal but I remember feeling pinching in my lower back, throbbing in my leg muscles and other weirdenesses that I'd never felt before. I kept reminding myself that anything seriously wrong would be persistent, as long as these symptoms were coming and going I was probably OK.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 05:18:44 PM by oldsoccerplayer »
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat