+-

Author Topic: Adventure Motorcycling  (Read 5004 times)

OtterDriver

Adventure Motorcycling
« on: February 02, 2014, 09:31:51 PM »
Hello Everyone -

Just wanted to pass along a comment about my slightly over two and a half year old BHR. 

I attended seven and a half days of off-road BMW motorcycle training and adventuring last week.  Ranged from Castaic, California to the Mojave Desert, Death Valley and back.  Fantastic scenery, fun riding, good food, new friends, numerous spills and thrills...and not once did I think about my hip or whether I should be participating or not!

Thanks for letting me share!

Bruce

China Lady

Re: Adventure Motorcycling
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 06:50:54 AM »
do you have some photos, at least one?????? was it organized or did you and your friends do it on your own?
riding my bike (BMW G650GS) again is the only thing which makes me inpatient with my situation. Thomas and I ride in China.
..... I will find out

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 09:41:00 AM »
Great stuff Bruce!  (Pics would be awesome)...

China Lady - as you've seen and experienced, patience is our biggest challenge, but also as you're seeing, it pays off.

The trails patiently await you.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

OtterDriver

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 12:57:58 AM »
I'll see what I can do about some pictures...I'm not super savvy with all this "modern technology"!
I don't want to break any posting rules!  Can I say RawHyde Adventures, as a search, will get you headed in the right direction!?

Some Dude

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 03:07:51 AM »
Great to hear that ! I'll check out that site. Dual sports are going to be our next motorcycles. I will keep my YZ250 and my wife's CR250 2 strokes for desert technical stuff and an occasional oldtimer  motocross race, but were really looking forward to getting a couple dirt worthy dual sports. Thinking about getting a couple used KTM525's that are plated and doing some longer rides. Also downsizing from the 28' toyhauler to an overhead camper with a slideout and a small enclosed trailer for the bikes/gear etc. We want to do more mountain/Kennedy meadows type stuff and the trailer is an overkill, plus it's too big and heavy to drag up and down the hills and fit into tight camping spots etc. Organized dual sport rides is something we are interested in checking out as well, I also have several friends who do a lot of riding in Baja, wich really interests us as well. Glad your hip is a non issue when it comes to riding ! I will be back riding oct 4th, rain or shine. That's my 1 year mark.  8)   Get techy and post some pics !! ;D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 03:09:28 AM by Some Dude »

Recent Posts

Re: Questions about resurfacing surgery by LarryBud
January 16, 2022, 05:55:14 AM

Re: And Just Like That....what did Carrie have done? by catfriend
January 13, 2022, 05:21:28 PM

Re: Sensation of warmth at times upon running. by autoazure
January 13, 2022, 04:07:53 PM

Re: Dr. Bose - not able to get a reply by BionicHip
January 13, 2022, 01:18:20 PM

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal