+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Tennis Elbow  (Read 2197 times)

luz2014

Tennis Elbow
« on: February 11, 2014, 11:16:08 AM »
Everything going well with hip recovery.  Walking around 3 miles a day without cane at 5 weeks post-surgery. Sometimes when I overdo it( daily I need to be truthful)  moving around the house doing light housework I get sore so I slow down for a few hours and ice.  Nothing major to bring up thankfully.  I will mention that I'm doing ridiculous maneuvers with my grabber.  Yesterday I dropped a box of cherry tomatoes all over my kitchen floor.  I was able to pick them all up one by one. I guess all those years of splaying transformers with my boys are finally paying off...back to the topic.  I have been using the left side of my body to get up and down, and for pretty much everything.  The result being a bad Case of tennis elbow on my left arm.  Has anyone run into this and if so, do you have any suggestions? I've been icing it (with my polar care) for 30 minutes at a time.  I'm trying not to use it but I do favor this left side at this time and am still under the 90% angle restriction until I see surgeon next Tuesday.  This makes it difficult not to rely on that arm (ouch!).  As always, suggestions/advice welcome. 

hernanu

Re: Tennis Elbow
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 03:42:34 PM »
Shift to the other side of the couch?  :-)

Seriously, probably changing your habits will take care of it since it's being overused, it may need rest. Or maybe use your crutches to get up with, so the load is even.

Pretty impressive on the grabber. You never know when that may be needed later.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

kimberly52

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 08:54:28 AM »
Hi Luz,

Funny you should mention tennis elbow.  I am approaching 11-months post op and doing quite well. However, I developed tennis elbow first in my right elbow a few months ago and now have it in both elbows!  I do not need to use my arms to assist, in Fact I am very active hiking, biking, etc. so not sure why the elbow deal. 

Doc gave me those bands for tennis elbow and told me to take anti inflamatories.  The band didn't seem to do much good and took some anti inflammatories but it seems only time (about 3-months) healed it. 

I was told that the band was very effective but unfortunately not for me.  For $20.00 it may be worth a try for you.

Mend quickly.

Kim
LBHR 4/6/13
42/44
Dr. Michael Clarke

tonyp

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 12:18:40 PM »
Tennis Elbow aka Tendinitis, right?

I've had/have Tendinitis in my elbow and found acupuncture with elec. stim to be really awesome.  I'd go to someone trained in this:)

Newbie, for now.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal