+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Metal allergies & reactions/mitigation  (Read 10628 times)

Kelly

Metal allergies & reactions/mitigation
« on: March 06, 2014, 10:36:22 AM »
on 4/15/13 I had bi hip re-surfacing with Dr Su.  Over the last several months (1-3/14) I have had increased skin itching and recently experience what best can be described as itchy hives/bumps.  I am now undergoing a "patch test" to determine what I am reacting to but with a recent implant the writing may be on the wall.  Mitigation may be the key.  Holistic, western conventional, diet....   I am looking for education through any feedback I receive.  In advance, I would like to thanks those who may be helpful in their feedback.

susannatuttapanna

Re: Metal allergies & reactions/mitigation
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 12:56:06 PM »
I went through a whole series of metal and other sensitivity tests through my allergist this past year. Turned out I don't have a metal sensitivity but I was getting itchy hives for several years after hip resurfacing. There are sophisticated patch tests (checked at 1 through 3-5 days after being applied) that will hopefully get to the bottom of your problem. My hives ended up being related to a Vitamin D deficiency (something that is becoming more common these days). Best wishes to you. Susan

on 4/15/13 I had bi hip re-surfacing with Dr Su.  Over the last several months (1-3/14) I have had increased skin itching and recently experience what best can be described as itchy hives/bumps.  I am now undergoing a "patch test" to determine what I am reacting to but with a recent implant the writing may be on the wall.  Mitigation may be the key.  Holistic, western conventional, diet....   I am looking for education through any feedback I receive.  In advance, I would like to thanks those who may be helpful in their feedback.
Susan, scheduled for Hip Resurfacing, October 2010, Dr. Robert Gilbert

Kelly

Re: Metal allergies & reactions/mitigation
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 01:28:33 PM »
Thanks for your feedback Susan,
How long did you have your resurfacing before the "hives" appeared?

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear