+-

Author Topic: Ice machine or ice bags  (Read 7049 times)

Debcoco

Ice machine or ice bags
« on: March 14, 2014, 09:44:52 PM »
Ice bags
RBHR, Dr. Richard Sellers, 04 DEC 13

grapesintx

Re: Ice machine or ice bags
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 01:05:03 AM »
If I had it to do over again...I'd save the $250 and use ice bags!
RHR Biomet Tri-Spike Magnum 50/44  Dr Gross  1/22/14

Beth

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 01:38:51 AM »
Ice bags.
Since my surgery I have used 2 ColPaC brand cold packs that I ordered from Amazon. They are made of black polyurethane 12.5" x 18.5" in size and made of a gel that remains pliable. They stay cold for several hours. (I put them in a flannel pillow case before using)
2/17/2014 RBHR Dr Brooks Cleveland Clinic
52mm cup  46mm head
LBHR planned for 6/19/2015: CANCELLED

Miguelito

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 04:48:07 AM »
Polar care cooler ice machine. But since i just went bilateral i get to prorate the cost to two. I like the cooler a lot but it is my wonderful wife that fills it. If had to do myself i couldn't manage. Certainly not for the first week.
Mike
RHR April 2012.
LHR March 2014.

Both Biomet Magnum/Recap 54/48, by Dr. Thomas Gross.

oldsoccerplayer

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 05:34:30 PM »
I liked having the Polar machine. I checked it in with the hospital staff before the surgery then woke up in the recovery room with it already attached. That said, the cost of a new one is outrageous. I got mine on ebay for about a third of the cost then resold it for less to another hippie getting ready for surgery a couple of months later.
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

Debcoco

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 03:04:31 AM »
Thank-you all for your replies. 

My opinion, I am glad I didn't require one for recovery due to the fact that I was up and down quite a bit and I cannot imagine having to hook and unhook the ice machine. 

I wonder why some Dr's recommend it and others do not?  I keep thinking it might have something to do with having an epidural.  From what I've read in the posts, those who have had an epidural seem more likely than not to use ice machines ...just my hypothesis.
RBHR, Dr. Richard Sellers, 04 DEC 13

tlh29276

• Dr Su -HSS NYC Right hip resurfacing 5/4/18
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 09:31:52 PM »
Neither were necessary or prescribed.

Mission Statement
Surface Hippy presents information about hip resurfacing. It does not provide medical advice.
It is designed to support, not to replace, the relationship between patient and clinician.
Advertising - Revenue from this site is derived from commercial advertising and individual donations. Any advertisement is distinguished by the word "advertisement"
Privacy - Surface Hippy does not share email addresses or personal information with any group or organization.
Content - Surface Hippy is not controlled or influenced by any medical companies, doctors or hospitals.
All content is controlled by Patricia Walter - Joint Health Sites LLC 2005 - 2018 Web design by Patricia Walter.

Hip TalkModeration

Authority

The Hip Talk Discussion Group or forum is moderated on a Daily basis by Patricia Walter.

The moderator and forum members are not regarded as health professionals.

Complementarity

The information provided on this forum is designed to support, not replace, the direct relationship between patients and health professionals.

Privacy

We remind you that this forum is public and any message can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all.
You do have the option to delete your messages. However, under exceptional circumstances, you can contact the moderator to do so. Thus, please take care regarding the information that you post.

The moderator and members should conduct themselves at all times with respect and honesty.

By using our forums, you agree to post information that is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and is of your personal experience. If the information you post is not personal experience, we request you to provide sources (references, links, etc..) whenever it is relevant and possible.

You are not allowed to post advertisements, whether in the form of text links or banners, for example.

Please keep your comments positive and polite. If you have a disagreement with another forum member, moderator or the site owner; please use the the private message feature of this forum or email the member. We try to avoid emotional conflicts on the discussion group and we will do so by removing posts and banning those that cause problems.

The moderator reserves the right to delete any messages deemed inappropriate without notifying the author. In cases of abuse, the moderator reserve the right to ban a member of the forum. In both instances, an explanation will be provided if user requests.

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Advertisements