+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hip Resurfacing Doctor in NYC  (Read 4845 times)

TSB

Hip Resurfacing Doctor in NYC
« on: March 16, 2014, 05:03:47 PM »
I am 40 years old and have been extremely active my entire life.  I recently learned that I will need to have some form of hip replacement on each hip.  I have decided my preferred procedure is hip resurfacing.  Through the process of diagnosis I have seen Dr. Alexiades (HSS) and Dr. Jose Rodriguez (Lenox Hill Hospital).  Neither doctor seems to actively focus on hip resurfacing; I would prefer to have the surgery performed by a doctor that does focus on resurfacing.  I am seeking recommendations.  The two doctors I have seen referenced so far are Dr. Edwin Su (HSS), but he does not accept Aetna insurance, and Dr. Boettner (HSS).  Does anyone have experience with either of these doctor, or can you recommend others who specialize in hip resurfacing and are based in NYC.

Thank you.

chuckm

Re: Hip Resurfacing Doctor in NYC
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 07:20:20 AM »
TSB - Dr. Boettner did a perfect job on my resurfacing. I was an active 46 year old at the time.
I have since returned to competitive soccer with no problems. He also resurfaced my friends hip a couple of months ago. He has done hundreds of them.

Chuckm
Left BHR 11/30/12
Hospital for Special Surgery
46 years old

TSB

Re: Hip Resurfacing Doctor in NYC
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 07:53:59 PM »
Thank you Chuckm for the feedback on Dr. Boettner.  I am happy your procedure went well.  I hope to have equally good results following my procedure.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat