+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Monkey Fist (aka Mr. Monkey Fist)  (Read 1620 times)

Vinman

Monkey Fist (aka Mr. Monkey Fist)
« on: March 27, 2014, 08:13:54 PM »
I was just replying to another post and referenced the "monkey fist".  Mr. Monkey Fist made his first appearance yesterday for me after sitting too long.  Feeling a little now from sitting as well. I guess that means it's time to get on my feet!

I find the reference hilarious and the best part is I knew it when I felt it - great way to describe!

:)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:15:24 PM by Vinman »

knnite

Re: Monkey Fist (aka Mr. Monkey Fist)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
ok Vinman....exactly what is "monkey fist?" It sounds like some sort of muscle cramping; what ever it is, what a great moniker!rj

Vinman

Re: Monkey Fist (aka Mr. Monkey Fist)
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 11:32:24 AM »
Hi knnite,

I read one posted describe it as a spasm and another as a tennis ball in their pocket.  For me it was more tennis ball like but smaller like a "monkey fist".  Just feels like sitting on something in the middle to lower part of my butt occasionally.  Not a big deal and icing helps.  Seems like some have had as part of the normal twinges of recovery.  I just found the moniker funny as I remember reading it pre op and then a couple of days ago felt something and said to myself "there's the monkey fist".  As I've mentioned before the real pain for me is gone.  Still sipome twinges here and there.  I felt some in the middle of the night as I think I was sleeping weird but all in all I am very blessed so far in my recovery even if the monkey does try to punch through my butt every now and again!

Vince

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal