+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: gym  (Read 5641 times)

breag

gym
« on: April 01, 2014, 02:04:28 PM »
How long till it is safe to do pull ups, push ups, planks?  Also they say after six weeks you can ride a bike but for how long is safe? any feedback do not want to over do things.  Had surgery done with Dr. Gross five weeks ago feeling great!  Walking about 1.5 miles a day unassisted what are you all doing.  That is a distance with out counting walking around the house etc.

oldsoccerplayer

Re: gym
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 04:02:09 PM »
When you go to your 6 week checkup next week you'll get a handout with the Phase II recovery instructions.
You should double-check but I think there are no restrictions on upper-body exercises. There are 3 for the operated leg, from memory
No impact activities (running, jumping etc)
No deep squats
Weight lifting limited to 50 lbs.

If you're not sure about some specific exercises it's best to call or email Dr. Gross' staff, I got some good advice about do's and don'ts in the 6 week to 6 month phase.
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

Boomer

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 04:12:13 PM »
breag - My surgeon gave me the OK to do sit ups, push ups and other floor exercises at the 30 day mark, but warned me to be extremely careful about getting down to and up from the floor. I was careful and had no issues. It was nice to get back to exercising. Enjoy your recovery.

Boomer
RBHR with Dr. Rector on 11/30/2011
LBHR with Dr. Rector on 6/11/2012

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 09:32:14 AM »
Always best to check woth your surgeon but i would say personally around the 6 week mark would be ok but the plank might really hurt your hip as there will be a lot of scar tissue post op. My advcie on that is to get some real deep tissue massage work done as soon as your surgeon allows as really this is the only way to break scar tissue down.
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat