+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 8 week mark  (Read 4828 times)

cisco.leon

8 week mark
« on: April 14, 2014, 08:45:01 PM »
8 weeks post-op have been doing well until last week. Lots of stationary bike and PT.
Last week after work I shot a bit of pool with some work mates. I was taking an awkward shot and put too much on my left leg (operated on). I felt a very sharp immediate pain :(

It's been pretty sore since after improving pain over the past 7 weeks.

I'm ok in the morning still cycling on the stationary. But very sore at the end of the day. Throbbing in my joint. I'm worried. I think I injured something I just hope it was a bad angle on my healing capsule that has inflamed it not the dreaded femur head fracture :(

It was not impactful exercise or more than my body weight at all.

Will call my surgeon tomorrow. Hope it's not a set back :(

oldsoccerplayer

Re: 8 week mark
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 08:21:28 AM »
I think around 8 weeks is when it gets tricky; you feel so much better that you want to get back to normal activities but still need to be very careful. It's encouraging that you can do the cycling, maybe you need to scale back until the aches subside. Calling the surgeon is absolutely the right thing to do. Hopefully he / she will be able to reassure you that there is no serious damage.
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

chuckm

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 08:54:09 AM »
Lay off the bike for a while. Lay low, let the pain go away and then start up again doing things. The common thread to success on this site is listening to pain so if you are getting on the bike because "must do bike every day" then it's not good. Do it only on days with no pain and not if it hurts later either.

Your body is working so hard to repair itself from the massive wound needed to do resurfacing and then patients continue to do stuff that hurts the area that is healing.

Especially at the groin area the body has to do a lot of reconfiguring to get that tendon to glide smoothly by the device.

Chuckm
Left BHR 11/30/12
Hospital for Special Surgery
46 years old

GreenHills

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 10:58:26 PM »
Call you surgeon and let him know.  I'm no Dr. that's for sure, but I've been told that if there was a fracture - you would definitely know as you would not be able to walk and you would be in severe pain. 

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat