+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Tape Residue around incisiom  (Read 5674 times)

Vinman

Tape Residue around incisiom
« on: April 20, 2014, 08:11:54 AM »
Hi Everyone

I am just over 4 weeks post op.  I have visit with Dr. tomorrow and will post everyone after.  Does anyone have recommendations for taking off the tape residue that is left after step falls off on the incision site?  I didn't have staples or sutures, they used glue and some sort of tape.  I have read elsewhere people using nail polish remover which seems insane and harsh to me.  Anyone have any suggestions on a gentle way to handle?  I will ask tomorrow for sure but am curious as to thoughts...

Juno

Re: Tape Residue around incisiom
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 03:02:23 PM »
Full disclosure -- I am a RN. We used acetone in the hospital to remove tape residue all the time. As long as the skin is healed and the incision is well approximated and closed it is fine to use a bit of acetone. Put some on on a cotton ball or a damp wash cloth and just rub the residue off. It's safe.
What you don't get off will eventually rub off in time.
Juno
Right resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 7/11/13
Left resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 12/11/13

Vinman

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 05:07:41 PM »
Thanks so much Juno.  Bing an RN, have you also seen absorbable stitches ever come through the skin?  I noticed today, I have a stitch out of nowhere that appeared out of nowhere.  I know they used absorbable stitches internally and the glue on the outside but it is just weird that all of a sudden one reared it's long head so to say....

Juno

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 07:51:59 PM »
Vinman -- Yes it does occasionally happen that internal absorable stitches will poke through the skin. Check with your doctor and he/she may choose to have you come in and they can remove it. Dis-solvable stitches can take 10 days to 6 months to dissolve -- it all depends on the type of suture material used. It's generally nothing to be concerned about as long as there are no signs of infection.

Juno
Right resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 7/11/13
Left resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 12/11/13

GreenHills

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 10:49:56 PM »
I am right at about 5 weeks post-op.  I found that the tape residue seems to go away on it's own.  Less and less each time I shower and now there is none left.

Vinman

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 08:46:16 PM »
Thanks Juno and Greenhills

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM