+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: WALKING  (Read 2014 times)

breag

WALKING
« on: April 20, 2014, 09:31:14 PM »
Hey everyone - I had my hip resurfaced 8 weeks ago tomorrow.  And I am walking about three miles a day 1.5 in the morning and 1.5 in the evening and swimming about 30 minutes a day and doing stretches twice a day and daily activities.   Do you all think that is too much?

Dannywayoflife

Re: WALKING
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 03:22:59 AM »
Let your body tell you what's too much mate
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 07:04:15 AM »
I agree with Danny. You want to do as much as is comfortably possible while following your surgeon's restrictions.

Your body is your guide.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

whyme

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 08:53:53 AM »
As others said already, you must listen to your body ... and be honest with what you hear!
The second point is do not break your surgeon's rules or guidelines. Their recommendations could vary significantly, but no one encourages you to push early on.

Walking wise, I was doing more at that stage, but most people would be doing similar to you or less. There is no magic number.
Quite a few of us started on the static bike around 1 month after surgery, but just a few minutes to gain mobility and some strength, very gently: low resistance and seat high.
However, I only started swimming after 3 months (my choice),  even now only swim twice a week.
And didn't do any stretching until after 6 months (still now I'm not fond of it).

There are many factors why we recover differently: surgical approach, overall health, age, gender, weight, sporting history, activity levels prior to surgery (and how bad was the arthritis)...
Left hip resurfacing (Conserve Plus) 2013-09-04
Dr. De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat