+-

Author Topic: Arthroscopy  (Read 15916 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jason0411

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 335
  • Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
Arthroscopy
« on: April 22, 2014, 03:10:55 PM »
Saw Mr McMcinn about my painful left hip and was tld I didin't need a BHR but he referred me to Mt R. Villar.
I have now been thoroughly scoped.
They showed me the coloured pics of inside my joint after I woke.

My Labrum had all whispy bits along it which was the tear, My acetabulum had a crinkly bit of cateledge, there was a white thing about the size of a finger nail floating about in the joint and a small isolated patch of wear on the femoral head. (Micro fracture and stem cell repair)

After snipping nipping and doing what ever else was required I am now taking it easy until I am told I can do more by the Physio. ROm is alrerady better and pain less.

He told me before I had an 80% chance of being better 15% chance of being the same and 5% chance of being worse but If I did nothing it would get worse anyway, so no brainer.

After he said I had a pretty good chance now he had repaired all the damage. He also could not believe the mess I had managed to make of it with no knowledge of any sudden trauma.

RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

Dannywayoflife

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2507
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 03:21:49 PM »
Sounds like you'll be on the mend now :)
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Jason0411

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 335
  • Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:31:13 AM »
Hope so Danny took the car out for the first time this morning 1 week post op. Should have taken the big car instead of the Cabriolet but so tempting in the sunshine. Not a very comfy drive to work.
Learnt now big car from now on. No posing  :(
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

Dannywayoflife

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2507
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 09:50:30 AM »
Keep us updated mate :)
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

hernanu

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3897
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 12:46:33 PM »
Jason, I'm glad you got relief. If you ever need it, HR is there down the road, but for now if this fixes things, more power to you.

You'll be able to pose soon enough.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

evant

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 239
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 02:53:14 PM »
Glad you're doing well.

Shame there's not more brilliant surgeons like Mr Villar specialising in arthroscopy.
rbhr 3 january 2013
mr ronan treacy
royal orthopaedic hospital, birmingham, england

Dannywayoflife

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2507
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 04:37:45 PM »
There is plenty nick it's just Mr Villar is amongst the best in the world.
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Jason0411

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 335
  • Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 09:25:49 AM »
Went to Physio Wednesday morning 1 week post op and he could not believe how good my ROM was. Told me to ditch the crutches for everyday walking but for distance to use two no more than half a mile for this week. Also no more than 5 minutes walking about at a time. Got loads of excercises and am doing exactly as I am told this time. Little and often apparently is the secret. Fingers crossed.
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

hernanu

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3897
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 04:03:19 PM »
Sounds really positive Jason. Keep it up...
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

HippyDogwood

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 59
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 09:58:49 AM »
Really pleased for you Jason and thanks for the PM

Jason0411

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 335
  • Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 02:13:43 PM »
4 Weeks post Arthroscopy:- Feeling better by the day had 3rd Physio appointment today one more to go. He is very pleased with my progress and is now getting me to do difficult excercises which he said in a few weeks I will find easy. Expecting to be sore tonight as it always is after the physio has been pulling me about but apart from that back cycling and swimming although still no breastroke.
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

Dannywayoflife

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2507
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 01:06:20 PM »
That's great Jase! I'm currently recovering from my shoulder surgery. And I see Mr Treacy on the 21st with my right hip. :)
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Jason0411

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 335
  • Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 02:56:29 PM »
Good luck mate.
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

Dannywayoflife

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2507
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 03:44:22 PM »
Cheers mate been prescribed cocodamol now for the hip :(
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Jason0411

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 335
  • Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 11:08:02 AM »
On the slippery slope now 30/500s I presume.
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

Dannywayoflife

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2507
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 04:37:23 PM »
Yep theme the ones! Lol I really need to get another 12 -18 months out of it before I do another surgery!
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Jason0411

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 335
  • Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 05:17:07 PM »
A bit behind but had my 6 week check last Thursday. Every seems hunky dorey. Good ROM good strength in muscle, the odd twinge and niggle on twisting wrongly or overdoing it but apart from that no pain when sitting standing or walking. I get the occasional clunking feeling (non painful) but have been assured that is my flexors that need stretching out. Which I think is true because once I get moving or have a good flexor stretch the feeling goes.

Cycling and swimming walking all I want but no Breaststroke (wil have to stroke the wifes back instead). :o
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

hernanu

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3897
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 01:30:42 AM »
Nice, Jason! keep it up.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

HippyDogwood

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 59
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 09:06:28 PM »
Hope the recovery stays positive Jase and thanks for all your PM feedback.

Hopefully I can see similar results after I have surgery with Mr Bajwa in October
David

Jason0411

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 335
  • Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
Re: Arthroscopy
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 08:30:43 AM »
Had a bit of fun on saturday and thoroughly tested both hips racing my 11 and 15 year olds and a friend with his 11 year old round a mini asault course. I beat all the younguns but Nigel who is 7 years younger than me and an ex squaddy beat me. Loving being able to do daft things with my family and friends again. ;D
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

 

Recent Posts

Re: A Fantastic Surgery Experience by imgetinold
Yesterday at 04:20:40 PM

Re: Dr. Pritchard - week November 1, by imgetinold
Yesterday at 04:18:37 PM

Re: viruses, and resurfacing by imgetinold
Yesterday at 04:17:26 PM

Re: viruses, and resurfacing by zippymon213
October 26, 2021, 01:21:55 AM

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats

Powered by EzPortal