+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: New Hip after 2 weeks  (Read 5280 times)

Jerry C.

New Hip after 2 weeks
« on: May 14, 2014, 12:19:53 AM »
 Hi There.  My name is Jerry and I had hip resurfacing surgery on my right hip 2 weeks ago.  I am 54 years old and live in Meridian Idaho.  My recovery is ging very well I think.  I am walking without a cane or crutches for the last week or so.  Very little pain just a deep bruise stiffness sensation.  Doing my exercises faithfully and was just referrred to a physical therapist.  I have the left hip surgery on 6-9.  Hopefully my progress will continue and the right leg will be strong when I have the second surgery! :)

hernanu

Re: New Hip after 2 weeks
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 04:52:34 PM »
Congrats and welcome Jerry!

Sounds like it's going well, just remember that there's no rush to get off the crutches / cane.

The idea is to use the help (if you need it) so that you don't pick up any bad habits (limping, etc.) as you recuperate that you may need to unlearn.

I enjoyed working with the PT, I'm sure you will too..

Keep in touch.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

nigel

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 09:33:41 PM »
Hi Jerry,

Sounds like your going great, i think no crutches or sticks after 1 week is pretty impressive, i think i could probably walk a bit without a cane now, but have Dr's orders to use it for 6 weeks. Sounds like your  right leg will be in good shape by the time   surgery for the left comes around.  Keep us posted on your progress. 

Cheers

Nigel
Adept Right Hip Resurfacing Dr Bill Walter 30/04/14

Jerry C.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 02:07:09 PM »
 Been to PT a couple times now.  They really work you out!  45 minutes of exercises make the leg feel a bit tired but good at the same time.  The day after feels a bit stiff and sore.  I was curious to know if other people had the stiffness and soreness after PT.  Also wondering if the first few steps after sitting or laying down were a challenge for others as well.  Seems like once I take a few steps things loosen up and I can walk without limping fairly well.  I am about 2 and a half weeks post op now.  Jerry

nigel

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 07:14:31 PM »
Hi Jerry,

Yep, i'm exactly the same. After PT the hip feels somewhat looser and less stiff and  then seems to stiffen up and get more painful later that day and the next. 

The start up from sitting down is the same, first few steps very stiff and then loosens up. I've seen some posts  about this and apparently it can last for quite a long time

Cheers

Nigel
Adept Right Hip Resurfacing Dr Bill Walter 30/04/14

Jerry C.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 09:46:37 PM »
 Thanks for replying Nigel.  Sounds like we are having about the same amount of fun lately.  :)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear