+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 1 year HR by Mr. Moss  (Read 5155 times)

kate71

1 year HR by Mr. Moss
« on: May 17, 2014, 01:42:01 PM »
It's my one year anniversary today on my right hip resurfacing. And wow what a difference a year makes. Having just reread all my posts from last year it brings back the tough times but now I am benefitting beyond all expectations.

I cannot thank this group enough for all your support without you all the journey would have been so much harder. Thank you :-)

So as I plan my summer full of tennis walking and cycling I can't believe I could hardly walk this time last year. Patience and perseverance were the watch words and now I can get on with my life and can actually play football with my 9 year old son and run after my 3 year old daughter. Life is good. Happy hip day to me!!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 09:50:08 AM by Pat Walter »

Debcoco

Re: 1 year anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 01:57:12 PM »
Hi Kate71,

Congrats! I'm approaching the  6th month mark and your post just gave me a big boost! I'm looking forward to December and I'll be back t all of the same activities you described:)

Deb
RBHR, Dr. Richard Sellers, 04 DEC 13

kate71

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 02:19:02 PM »
Thanks Deb! Keep going the time will start to go faster now you've got to the 6 month mark. Well done! :-)

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 01:34:24 PM »
Missed this earlier Kate ... congrats! great that you can now harass the tyke.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

kate71

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 03:54:20 AM »
Thanks Hern - I know they dont know what's hit them now mummy can keep up with them!!

Played my first few games of tennis this month - almost burst into tears afterwards when I realised I hadnt thought about my hip at all and just ran across the court to get the ball - wowsers some deep felt emotions coming through there! Thinking about joining the local hockey team in September - maybe I can do it?!

Looking forward to holiday time with the family now - have a good summer :-)

dfox

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 10:46:20 PM »
Great to hear Kate, I'm glad for you.  I can imagine how good it is to hit the one year mark. My doctor says no running or impact activities for a year and I'm planning on sticking to that. But I'm already starting to think I could run pain free now only 11 weeks out. I'll wait, but when the time comes it will be glorious! Thanks for the post.
RBHR, 5/2014, Dr. Brooks, Cleveland Clinic

lgbran

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 02:45:34 AM »
Great news Kate,
I'm 3 months behind you . Great to be pain free. Life post surgery is so much better. Spring is just around the corner here in Australia and come November (1 year for me ) it will almost be Summer then it will be time to shed my post op kilos . My local GP advises me not to contemplate long distance running given I'm not a lightweight but looking forward to resuming most pre op activities. Great to hear of another success story and all the best
Cheers
RBHR 11/11/13 by Stephen McMahon @
The Avenue Hospital Melbourne Australia

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat