+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 7th month update  (Read 4683 times)

lgbran

7th month update
« on: June 11, 2014, 06:39:14 AM »
Today marks 7 months since my surgery. Admittedly I am a lot heavier then what I was prior to surgery so today I celebrated and walked about 19-20 km.. Not that I advocate this for everybody but it's part of my plan to peel off the weight and keep it off. My hip and surrounding muscles were doer yesterday after a few hours  in the garden and a light bike ride.Another 4 weeks and I will be off the warferin. Will spend a few hours in the pool tomorow and work on some stretches.i haven't walked or ran that far in 10 years. I am pleasantly fatigued. Will I run again I doubt it but it's nice to know I can walk a long way. Mixing it up with some swimming, spin bike, cycling and Watching my calorie intake it's all good
Cheers
RBHR 11/11/13 by Stephen McMahon @
The Avenue Hospital Melbourne Australia

hernanu

Re: 7th month update
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 04:47:53 PM »
Nice work, Len - keep it up.... !
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

nigel

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 06:55:03 AM »
Quality celebration! - Blimey how long did it take to walk that far ? ;D

Hope i'm doing as well at 7 months mate. Good stuff
Adept Right Hip Resurfacing Dr Bill Walter 30/04/14

lgbran

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 12:18:08 AM »
 it took me about 3 hours and 45 minutes.Spent a very easy 30 minutes on the spin bke yesterday.
I just walked and kept on going. It's Winter here in Southern Australia and it was a beautiful sunny day, northerly winds and living by the coast the water looked magic. Muscles were sore the nex day but hip was fine.i am sure Nigel you will be ahead of me. Just listen to your body and take it 1 day at a time 😀
RBHR 11/11/13 by Stephen McMahon @
The Avenue Hospital Melbourne Australia

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat