+-

Author Topic: Any hippies on RAGBRAI?  (Read 4707 times)

DirkV

Any hippies on RAGBRAI?
« on: June 20, 2014, 11:34:05 PM »
First off, apologies for absence from this great community. I'm one of those people who had the surgery, it worked well, and I'm enjoying an active life again. Plus I have the ASR and have been advised to avoid public postings, just in case it blows up.
But the hips are doing great, and I'm looking forward participating in RAGBRAI (bike ride across Iowa) again this summer. This will be 2nd time doing this with fake hips. It would be great to have a beer, or pork chop, or piece of pie -- or in the spirit of RAGBRAI all the aforementioned  :) -- and compare hip stories.
Bilateral 02/08, 03/08, Dr. Ball

curtieman1

Re: Any hippies on RAGBRAI?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 04:58:42 AM »
Dirk, good luck with your ride across IA, hope it goes smooth. I'm not much of of a bicycle rider myself, get too sore. I know a guy here in MN that does rides through our state he says you get specially fitted seat it feels a lot better, I'll stick with my recumbent bike. Continued good luck with your hips. Curt
LBHR Dr. Anseth July 20 2012
RBHR Dr. Scott Anseth July 24 2014

lgbran

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:15:25 AM »
Sounds great...How far and how long does it take? I love watching the endurance sports.Would love to get into Adventure racing .
RBHR 11/11/13 by Stephen McMahon @
The Avenue Hospital Melbourne Australia

DirkV

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 11:09:42 PM »
Well, it's not really an endurance event - more of a fun thing. It's a week-long event, approx 500 miles. But it's entirely for fun, a rolling party with 10-15,000 cyclists. It's just too crowded to go fast.
You stop in every little town and have pie or pork chops or beer or ...
Lots of vendors and church groups and rotary clubs etc. selling food in every town. A good description is a movable state fair.
It helps to be in shape, but RAGBRAI is the reward for that.
Bilateral 02/08, 03/08, Dr. Ball

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats