+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 1yr. Checkup today  (Read 2087 times)

oldsoccerplayer

1yr. Checkup today
« on: August 12, 2014, 07:09:41 PM »
Just got back from my 1yr. checkup with Lee Webb (Dr. Gross' PA). They took some xrays which Lee said looked fine. She did some manipulations on my leg, and said the ROM was excellent, which was a nice surprise because I'd never really thought about it, just assumed it would be limited.
As for leg strength, no surprises there since I've been back to a consistent workout routine and Sunday morning soccer for the last 6 months or so.
The only symptom I still have is a bit of a pinching in my lower back on the op side, but it takes specific movements like deep squats with a 20lb kettlebell to bring that on, and then it subsides after a few moments. Lee supports the "if it hurts don't do it" approach for that.
Just over a year ago I could only walk or swim for about 20 minutes before the pain got the better of me.
One interesting observation from my soccer ("real football") playing. My right leg is my strong side but that's the non-op side. Even that has improved because to get a good swing you need to plant your other, weaker leg firmly. Now that it no longer hurts when I plant the left leg, the right is better than it used to be!
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

hernanu

Re: 1yr. Checkup today
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 04:05:31 PM »
Sounds great! Congratulations on  the anniversary, hopefully just the start. ROM sounds good.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

dfox

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 10:59:58 AM »
Glad to hear the checkup was good and you are enjoying an active life style.
RBHR, 5/2014, Dr. Brooks, Cleveland Clinic

lgbran

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 02:38:45 AM »
Time flies when you are having fun. 3 months behind you and the months are rolling along.life post surgery is so much better 😋
RBHR 11/11/13 by Stephen McMahon @
The Avenue Hospital Melbourne Australia

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat