+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 5 Months Post-Op  (Read 1564 times)

mmooney42

5 Months Post-Op
« on: September 02, 2014, 05:12:48 PM »
Just a quick update for what it's worth to others.  Today is my 5 month post-op (surgery on April 2nd).  I continue to go to PT twice a week and do my own exercises and PT during the off days.

I also work as a college football official in the fall, so I was very worried that my season would be in jeopardy when I had my surgery.  This past week I was able to work 2 pre-season scrimmages.  I did get sore in the groin area, but overall was pleasantly surprised with how I felt. I am able to run, back pedal, turn and open hips, change of direction, etc.  It's not 100% yet.  I've been very careful to listen to my body and not overdue it.  I also have been extremely diligent with PT and think that has really helped with my recovery process.

Just wanted to post for any value that others can get from my experience.  As mentioned, I am not 100%, but my doctor has given me the green light to work on the field.  My PT says I should definitely expect to feel soreness but both he and the doctor are confident I won't damage anything at this point.  The Doc just doesn't want me road running until after the 6 month mark.  Not sure if I will go back to that anyway.

Thanks,
Matt
Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Robert Marchand, 4/2/14.  Age 44 at time of surgery.

shoraztri

Re: 5 Months Post-Op
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 09:35:23 PM »
Great work there , good to see you on the come-back trail. I am 2 months Post Op.,and coming along nicely. Will be looking at starting into light jogging and a wee Run , about December this year. Cheers , Kiwi Boy Down Under.
LHBHR. 7 JULY 2014. DR. HUGH BLACKLEY. SOUTHERN CROSS HOSPITAL, NORTH SHORE, NZ.
Fem Head 50.  Cup Size 56.  D.O.B. 03/1952.

oldsoccerplayer

Re: 5 Months Post-Op
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 09:13:24 AM »
Sounds great. If all goes well in a few months you'll be feeling better than you did before the hip started hurting.
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal