+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: hip flexor pain 4years post op  (Read 2597 times)

Luke

hip flexor pain 4years post op
« on: September 22, 2014, 10:04:15 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has experience with any hip flexor pain.  I'm 4 years post up.   I had both hips resurfaced at about the same time and only have hip flexor pain on the right side mainly when doing abdominal exercises where I raise my legs or when lifting my right leg while standing or sitting.   It is not excruciating but prevents me from exercising the way I would like.  I am 46 years old and I'm very physically active playing tennis twice per week.  I also do some p90x.  Exercise and strengthening does not seem to improve the pain.  The doctor that performed the surgery is about 5 hours away from me.  I think there has always been some pain but just notice it more when doing the exercises mentioned above.  I'm curious if anything can be done to eliminate the pain or is it something I will just have to accept.  I do intend to call the office to see what I can learn over the phone.

Thanks for your comments/experiences!
Luke Less

Coby Taylor

Re: hip flexor pain 4years post op
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 06:29:56 AM »
Hello,

I am experiencing the same pain . Did you find out what helps?

Thanks
Coby

surratt

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 01:00:38 PM »
how much effort have you put into stretching and activating the psoas area?  I just bought a program called "unlock your hip flexors"  so im going to focus on it.  I had tight hip flexors before the surgery and neglected stretching for years bc my hips hurt.
Bilateral Hip resurface Dr. Gross
12/13/17
12/15/17

Coby Taylor

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 06:44:32 AM »
Hey ,

I have been doing a fair bit of stretching. I was able to extend my hips a month ago but now I can’t . And when I squat I feel it grip or grind . I have increased range , just really hurts when I try to lift my leg up to my chest , or laying down and doing leg extensions. I see surgeon in a week , but I feel it is totally impinged just like before surgery.

karlos.bell

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 07:14:29 AM »
 8) Hi I am unsure whether you guys have tried this first.
It takes a lot to rehabilitate the hip.
Exercise will not just do it after major surgery some strengthening maybe required as I have found out.

Glut min legs raises how many can you do on your side raising your leg? in 1 go... 30 - 60 - 90?

Stretching comes after strengthening.

The posas is normally over reacting to something else that is not working.

There is more than just the posas working on leg raises.

Try it first.....

2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

byebye

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 09:52:33 PM »
This sounds an awful lot like my symptoms though I’m only 8 weeks out.  The pinch and mine is sharp is when Pt tries to take my knee to. My chest or I bend over wrong to put my shoe on.   I saw my dr last Friday and he said it may or may not go away.  That the alignment was tough on my hip and the tendon is rubbing against it.  He thinks it will go at with time.   I feel good otherwise can Stairs step  and exercise bike... though it’s sore tonight.  Think I did too much today.

Slinkycarrot

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 10:33:38 AM »
Did this resolve?

I have the same issue. I’m due for a psoas release. However a few things that have helped; visceral manipulation and prolozone. I’m about 80pct better and might be able to avoid surgery. Surgeon thinks it’s scar tissue.

I’m going to also try stem cell injection.

Slinkycarrot

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 10:34:52 AM »
Also try three rounds of cortisone injections. If it’s minor that can fix it.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear