+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Clicking, moving sensation in groin.  (Read 1913 times)

mickymoko

Clicking, moving sensation in groin.
« on: October 05, 2014, 10:12:54 AM »
Hi everybody, not quite a newbie but not a regular poster either.Anyway,had a BHR right hip with Ronan Treacy last November and everything has gone really well except for a noticeable clicking/moving sensation in the groin which has become more prominent since June.This is particularly noticeable when I bend forward e.g weeding the garden or picking things up,lately also more noticeable when I move my leg out to the side.saw physio last week, he doesn't think it's psoas or soft tissue related more likely to be joint related.Been given exercises to try to stabilise the muscles around the joint and due to go back in 4 weeks.Also due to see Mr T in 6 weeks.Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Dannywayoflife

Re: Clicking, moving sensation in groin.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 11:47:42 AM »
Couldn't speculate but I'm sure Mr Treacy will bottom this out for you. I'm seeing him in about 5 weeks as well.
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

karlos.bell

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 03:22:18 AM »
Hi Mickmoko.
Have not BHR's yet but Dr Blackley informed me they do this pop and click.
My FAI scoped hips pop and click so I tend to think not much different than that. Fluid in and around the joint maybe.
The FAI really makes them go pop like popping a balloon.
May take time for them to settle in and like any thing if they are not causing pain or an issue it may go away. Cheers
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

shoraztri

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 04:48:21 PM »
Hi karlos.bell

I see you are a fellow Hippie , and from MooLoo!!! country. Im a die hard Canes man , from the mighty Naki. I gather you had Hugh Blackley as your Surgeon.
When did you have the Operation , what sports do ya do , and age ??? if thats ok. Amwanting to see how you are post Op. etc.
Cheers,
Naki Boy from Down Under.
LHBHR. 7 JULY 2014. DR. HUGH BLACKLEY. SOUTHERN CROSS HOSPITAL, NORTH SHORE, NZ.
Fem Head 50.  Cup Size 56.  D.O.B. 03/1952.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat