+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Is there a weight limit on Leg presses and Squats with BHR?  (Read 2290 times)

PistolPete

Is there a weight limit on Leg presses and Squats with BHR?
« on: October 09, 2014, 11:33:32 AM »
I'm curious if there is a weight limit on what we should be doing with a BHR?   I take it easier than I use to with squats and leg presses than I did in the past.  I've been keeping around 400-600lbs. for leg presses which is really light compared to what I used to do and under 300lbs. for squats.  Not sure if I'm going too heavy and I should keep it under a specific weight?

Dannywayoflife

Re: Is there a weight limit on Leg presses and Squats with BHR?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 12:50:30 PM »
Pete the bhr when been designed had a 500kg pendulum hung on it and it didn't do anything to it. They trialled it using differing lubricants and even nothing at all so I doubt that you can actually harm the device. But some resistance work will be good for the bone!
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

PistolPete

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 12:05:43 PM »
I spoke with my surgeon today and he said it's fine and much stronger than a regular hip.  No worries about going too heavy. 

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 07:07:43 PM »
Thought so Pete. I'm incrementally going up. I was also on the 4-500 pounds X24 reps. Now I do only about 250 for 90 reps. I'm thinking of going to less reps and more weight, back to where I belong.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

PistolPete

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 09:38:42 AM »
I hear you there.  When i go really heavy though my hip bothers me for the next week or so.  I'm not sure if going heavy is a good thing because of this.  Although, I don't want to get skinny little legs...  haha

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat