+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: RASH  (Read 4227 times)

Stephan G

RASH
« on: October 29, 2014, 04:36:00 AM »
I had my BHR April 30th of this year.  Overall it has gone very well after changing PT's.  However Saturday I went on pretty hard 60 mn bike ride.  Everything prior to this has been pretty easy and most of it is on a stationary bike.  I felt a little sore in the groin which i expected.  Sunday I went pheasant hunting which involved extensive, not so easy walkingfrom 9 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.  After the first location we hunted, I started feeling flu like - achy - everywhere.  My groin got more achy and my incision hurt which hasn't hurt for months.  Thinking I was coming down with a bug, I took some ibuprofen and really had to push to make it through the day which never happens to me.  I was toast by the end of the day.  (5 weeks ago I was in  ND and put on 10 - 12 miles per day for two days and felt great.)  Monday morning I woke up more achy everywhere with an extreme headache and 101.4 temp.  I did not get out of bed which never happens with me.  Monday night I noticed some bruising / discoloration on the side of me hip and into my groin which I didn't think it was something to be alarmed about, but I also noticed I had an intense redness on the opposite side of my incision that was sore to the touch and hard in some places.  Kind of like a rash - blotty, but really no texture to it.  My fever broke 12:30 this morning and I was less achy, but by 9:00 this morning the redness spread.  So I'm thinking I may be having an allergic  reaction.  My joint itself feels fine: it's the redness I'm concerned about that is sore and it is only at the site of my surgery.  Anyone ever have something like this?  My ortho is seeing me tomorrow afternoon for blood and fluid tests so I will update once the results are received.  Not sure if my picture is attaching, but just to let you know in advance so as not to offend anyone that is a pretty good butt shot from the side, but from the waist down.   
Steve

Right BHR  -  April 30, 2014  -  Dr. Palmer

susannatuttapanna

Re: RASH
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 04:52:34 AM »
Oh dear. Do all the bloodwork and tests you can to get to the bottom of the rash. They can isolate whether you have a metal allergy, or maybe something else is going on.

About six months after my surgery, I broke out in rashes and posted here. I thought for sure that I had a metal sensitivity. But it turns out my bloodwork showed a vitamin D deficiency. Wreaked havoc for a while before I was able to up my Vitamin D. Finally went to an allergist who figured it out for me. It took a couple years and -- believe you me -- hives are hard to deal with for only 1 day.

Long story short, I've been hive free for years now. Just take more Vitamin D.

And my right resurfaced hip is doing great!

Best wishes to you!
Susan
Susan, scheduled for Hip Resurfacing, October 2010, Dr. Robert Gilbert

HippyDogwood

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 09:47:58 AM »
I was recommended a natural extract called Floradix by my physio who has been re-habbing hips for 35 years. She swears blind by the stuff that it works in helping the body get over surgery and to regain natural equilibrium.

Early days for me but does seem to have an enthusiastic following on places like Amazon where you can leave reviews

China Lady

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 11:07:53 PM »
Sunday I went pheasant hunting which involved extensive, not so easy walkingfrom 9 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.  After the first location we hunted, I started feeling flu like - achy - everywhere
it is not always the new hip. what was around you on the countryside. some years ago a tiny spider bit me and in the end I was in hospital with similar reactions.
..... I will find out

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats