+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: My metal ion results came back high  (Read 2364 times)

PistolPete

My metal ion results came back high
« on: October 29, 2014, 10:38:17 AM »
I just got my labs back from my metal ion test and the levels are elevated.  They said they aren't crazy high but it is something that needs to be monitored.  They said the like to see Cobalt under 7 and mine was at 23.  Cromium is at 17.  They want to retest it in January to see where it goes.  They did say it could be elevated because of the issues I was having that week where I tweaked things.   Could be caused of the squeaking I was hearing.

What are your thoughts on these elevated numbers?  They said there is typically an issue when they are in the 60's.

Tim Bratten

Re: My metal ion results came back high
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 12:54:17 PM »
Wow, sorry to hear that. That does sound a bit high. I suppose youir doctor is hoping it's a local issue (related to the recent problem) and will go back down by January. Let's hope so and best of luck! Have you had any other problems after the recent issue and were you ever tested for ions before?

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:55:58 PM by Tim Bratten »
Botched LHR by Dr. Vilicich 06-17-2010 revised by Koen De Smet 02-14-2012
RHR Koen De Smet 02-05-2014

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 05:05:26 PM »
Prior to the test did you stop taking all over the counter supplements and change your diet? If not then this could explain this.
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

PistolPete

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 06:05:43 PM »
Prior to the test did you stop taking all over the counter supplements and change your diet? If not then this could explain this.

Hey Danny.  No, I didn't change anything.  I had an appointment and they pulled blood.  I didn't change anything with my diet.  I've been taking my regular supplements.  (ie:  Creatine, Whey, etc)  How does this impact the results on the test?  I would love that it would be a false reading.

PistolPete

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 06:08:58 PM »
I did a quick Google search and saw that B12 can give  false reading and I am taking B12.

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 06:47:10 AM »
Prior to your next test mate avoid anything like your b12 shots and watch your diet. You may find that's what has made your reading high. Also I believe if the test isn't carried out absolutely perfectly that can cause miss reads
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

hernanu

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 02:08:11 PM »
I just got my labs back from my metal ion test and the levels are elevated.  They said they aren't crazy high but it is something that needs to be monitored.  They said the like to see Cobalt under 7 and mine was at 23.  Cromium is at 17.  They want to retest it in January to see where it goes.  They did say it could be elevated because of the issues I was having that week where I tweaked things.   Could be caused of the squeaking I was hearing.

What are your thoughts on these elevated numbers?  They said there is typically an issue when they are in the 60's.

Sorry to hear that Pete..   It's good that they'll retest, especially since you had something where you felt grinding. Maybe it was temporarily affected by that.

I'd say wait to see what happens by then. If they go down, then good.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

PistolPete

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 06:24:09 PM »
I def. think something is wrong.  My hip has really never felt good.  I always have something going on.  It doesn't hurt but just doesn't feel 100%.

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 02:29:59 PM »
Pete,

Do you know what angle your acetabular cup was placed at?

Andy
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

seahip

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 07:54:00 PM »
Don't know if you ever saw this:
http://www.pritchettorthopedics.com/articles/pritchett_metallosis_of_the_hip.pdf

It talks about sounds from the joint and how they could be relate to metallosis.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat