+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr. Sheinkop  (Read 5040 times)

mmmevans

Dr. Sheinkop
« on: July 23, 2007, 02:22:28 PM »
Hi Pat,
I am scheduled for hip resurfacing Oct. 17 with Dr. Mitchell Sheinkop.  He is with the Midwest Orthopaedics Team at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago IL.  I would like to know if you have heard of Dr. Sheinkop and I am wondering why the procedure is not done as minimally invasive?  They tell me I will have a 4-5 inch scar.
Thanks so much,
Marymargaret
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 05:08:12 PM by Pat Walter »

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Dr. Sheinkop
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 05:24:25 PM »
Hi Marymargaret

I have heard about Dr. Sheinkop. His staff had written to me and at the time he had done 47 hip resurfacings.  I imagine he has done more by now.

His is Andrew's story about his surgery with Dr. Sheinkop  http://www.surfacehippy.info/andrewliptak06.php It is not a very long story, but I am sure it will be of interest to you.

Actually, to me, 4-5 inch scar is minimally invasive.  Most of us who do not have mis have 10 - 12" scars.  My doctor, Dr. De Smet, always uses a long incision since it allows him to move around inside the hip easier and get things done faster.  He does his normal hip resurfacing in about 45 minutes.  He wants to do the surgery as quickly as possible because the less time you are under anasthesia, the quicker you recover.  Dr. De Smet has done over 2400 hip resurfacings.  The size of your incision has no bearing on how quickly you recover.  Dr. De Smet's patients are amoung the faster to recover compared to many of the US surgeons.  The US doctors are very conservative in post op recovery. 

I iwsh I could tell you more about Dr. Sheinkop, but I just don't know much more.  I do know there have been a handful of people from the large Yahoo Surface Hippy Group of over 6000 memebers that have used him.  You might find it useful to join that group and ask for Sheinkop hippies to talk with you.  It is a very active group and you will recieve 100 or more emails a days.  Sometimes it is best to not recieve the emails on you computer, but go to the Yahoo Group and read them there. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/surfacehippy/

Some people are very sold on the mis surgery like Dr. Bose patients, and others are not. Here is an aritcle by Dr. Bose http://www.surfacehippy.info/misapproachbose.php

Please keep in touch with us and do let us know how things are going - both before and after surgery. 

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

fxlr94

Re: Dr. Sheinkop
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 11:15:36 PM »
Hi Marymargaret,
   I am a patient of Dr. Sheinkop. I had my surgery in April of 2007. If you would like to talk, e-mail me at msk63@yahoo.com. I'll give you my phone number from there.

Mike

P.S. All is well with my hip!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM