+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: great posts for support  (Read 1539 times)

eatw

great posts for support
« on: November 22, 2014, 11:37:30 PM »
Hello,

This morning I asked if anyone had experiences to share about their trip to Chennai for a  BHR or THR by Dr. Bose. I found some great posts that I think will help. I'm going against a tide of negative opinions here that going to India is a bad choice. Especially my oldest son who is sincerely worried,  A college friend of his is now an orthopedic surgeon and has said in no uncertain terms I shouldn't go, he's never heard of Dr. Bose. I showed my son the websites about Dr. Bose, but he's still skeptical; it's too good to be true. So, I was looking for some 'not so good' comments to make the trip sound more real.

Going from normal hips to needing a BHR in 6 months and then a THR 5 months later has been one heck of a ride. I'm on crutches now and work from home. I'm solo in my house. If something falls on the floor, I give picking it some serious thought.  An orthopedic surgeon here said the changes associated with the AVN aren't normal or predictable, the arthoscopy has played an aggravating role and further changes can continue to happen rapidly. He thinks it's best if I stay off my right leg and the THR needs to be done within 8 weeks. It's quite unnerving.

Drs. Su, Gross and Bose have been a saving grace. They all have looked at my images and taken time to offer their opinions. I know going to Chennai is the right choice for me, but it'd be nice to have all of my family on board.

Thanks for reading this post. It felt good to write it, knowing that you understand exactly how I feel.
eatw

Mike D

Re: great posts for support
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 05:29:47 PM »
Hi eatw,
Usually, that phrase " if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is"  is about right, but a lot of people-your eldest son's friend included, just don't know about the success rate of the BHR-installed by the right person.
Danny, hernanu and many more here will quote you the exact figures but it is exceptional-as long as it is done by the right person-ie, a surgeon who has performed many hundreds.
There are many 'known' surgeons spoken of on here- Bose, DE smet, Gross, McMinn, Treacy, just to name a few- any of these guys virtually guarantee the best possible outcome for any patient under their care.
At the moment, your son's friend just doesn't know about them. Go with your instinct, you're in the right place on this site for the best possible advice. Good luck, Mike.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:32:43 PM by Mike D »
Right Ceramic THR
Ronan Treacy   Birmingham R.O.H
8 August 2012

eatw

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 07:16:03 PM »
Hi Mike D,

Thanks. You're right about going with instinct; I wasn't going to change my plans. But, I wanted to ease my son's worries.

I dug deeper for more information on Dr. Bose and DeltaMotion to give to my son.  As it turns out, so did he. My daughter, who lives in California  is very familiar with people travelling overseas for medical care, has been supportive. But knowing that her brother was uncomfortable, started looking as well. We've all done some research, so we were all delving into databases, websites and published papers, not knowing that the other was doing the same.  When I spoke with my son today, he started the conversation with "well, I've come around". He went on to tell me about his search and that, while he found quite a bit of information about Dr. Bose, he couldn't find anything negative.  Then he told me that he had spoken with his sister, who added the 'all positive' results of her search. It wasn't necessary for me to add mine. He knows how important my decision is, now knows that Dr. Bose is the 'real thing' and agrees that I need to do whatever I feel is right.  If having Dr. Bose do the THR is what I feel is right, he's behind me all the way.  Shortly after, I spoke with my daughter. She wants to be there for me and so has decided to go with me to Chennai.

The day really couldn't be any nicer.

Have a good one,
eatw

dfox

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 08:39:32 PM »
Hi eatw,

Welcome to the site, glad you found your way here. Sorry to hear you having so much trouble with your hip. Glad to hear you are moving forward with getting it repaired and that your family is being supportive.

Take care,

Dave

RBHR, 5/2014, Dr. Brooks, Cleveland Clinic

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat