+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Need advice  (Read 4142 times)

ElissaG

Need advice
« on: November 26, 2014, 10:53:18 AM »
I had a rt bhr in January of 2011. I did very well the first year and then I began having excruciating lower back pain. Turned out my bhr side was 9 mm longer than the left leg. Started using a heal cup and was pain free until this year.

This summer (3.5 yrs post op) I started noticing groin pain again. That pain led to a continuous aching that has spread to my buttock and down to my knee. Sometime in September my BHR hip began to occasionally "give." When this happens I feel a stabbing pain in the joint that lasts several minutes.

Three weeks ago I slipped and fell getting out of the tub. I hit my hip on the side of the tub extremely hard right on my BHR scar. Although the swelling and bruising were pretty extreme (softball sized lump), walking was no more painful than before the fall. It was just very sensitive to the touch.

The injury from the fall is 99% healed up now but the groin/buttock/thigh pain is still advancing. Also, when my hip gives, it is more intense each time it happens. Three days ago I nearly fell from the give and my hip throbbed for hours instead of minutes.

I am getting very fearful that my bhr is failing. Yesterday I called my pcp for a referral to my hip surgeon (gotta love hmos). Do any of you have any experience or advice to share?

Thank you,
ElissaG

Dannywayoflife

Re: Need advice
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 11:23:46 AM »
The only advice I can give is as you are doing and seek the advice of a professional surgeon who is experienced in dealing with these issues.
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz