+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: BHR failing symptoms?  (Read 2172 times)

ElissaG

BHR failing symptoms?
« on: November 28, 2014, 02:34:55 AM »
Hello everyone!

I had a rt bhr in Jan 2011. Everything has been fine until this year. In September I started to notice regular groin pain. October brought the addition of constant low back pain and occasional giving sensation when walking. Now I have constant groin, buttock, thigh and low back pain and the giving has become more regular and intense.

This is all reminiscent of how my hip felt before the bhr except even then I didn't have the low back pain and the thigh pain was localized closer to the joint. Now I have constant throb that radiates down toward my knee.

I put in a request to my primary care physician for a referral to see the surgeon that did my bhr a few days ago and haven't heard back yet. Meanwhile, the pain continues even when driving and at rest.

Has anyone had similar symptoms? If so, what was the outcome? I realize revision surgery is a possibilty but it's not easy for me to wrap my head around it as the recovery experience from the bhr is still quite fresh in my memory.

I would appreciate any input you all may have. Please and thank you.

Some Dude

Re: BHR failing symptoms?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 04:29:59 AM »
I had similar symptoms but also had increased knocking and clicking (every step), along with lots of swelling in my butt cheek, and I could feel the fluid gathering in my foot, it felt like I had a wet sock on but I was barefoot. Also had kind of a dull "toothache" type pain that would throb and keep me up at night too. I noticed that I wasn't able to maintain muscle strength,  it didn't matter how much or how little working out, stretching and exercising I did, it was a losing battle. And I don't know if it was from lack of sleep or constantly worrying about it but I started feeling tired and fatigued all the time, just never felt "Good". You didn't mention any clicking or swelling and those were the most noticeable things for me.  If you're not having any swelling or increased clicking and knocking hopefully it's just a muscle (or back) related issue and you can work it out and stretch it back into shape. I hope it's nothing major and just a setback ! Your doctor should be able to give you an idea after he see's the x-rays, mri maybe and your metal levels etc.  Good Luck. Oh I don't know if you've read any of my other posts but I had a bhr that was installed with a very steep cup angle (65 degrees) had edge loading and alignment issues and was revised almost 5 years to the day after it was put in. Also want to say I hope you don't need surgery but, if you do don't buy into the thoughts that your life is over with a thr and you're going to dislocate tying your shoe etc  blah blah blah. I've had my revision for 14 months now and it's bitchen. Work, walk, jog, run, carry crap, bicycle, surf, swim, ride dirtbikes, go dancing whatever, it feels strong and solid as it ever did.
 Hopefully you just have some muscle issues and can be worked out with pt etc. Best of luck to you

Tim Bratten

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 06:10:05 AM »
Hi ElissaG:
Sorry to hear about your problems. Pain like that isn't a good sign. You should definitely have it looked at (x-rays, blood ion test and maybe even MRI if ion counts are high). Good luck!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 07:10:07 AM by Tim Bratten »
Botched LHR by Dr. Vilicich 06-17-2010 revised by Koen De Smet 02-14-2012
RHR Koen De Smet 02-05-2014

ElissaG

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 11:19:47 AM »
Thanks guys. Just playing the waiting game with my referral now which is difficult to be patient when I can't sleep. Crossing my fingers that Monday will bring some action.

Some Dude

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 02:31:09 AM »
Thanks guys. Just playing the waiting game with my referral now which is difficult to be patient when I can't sleep. Crossing my fingers that Monday will bring some action.

Waiting and wondering is the worst part. Hopefully you can get some sleep, good luck.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat