+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Three Year Anniversary  (Read 1924 times)

Boomer

Three Year Anniversary
« on: December 01, 2014, 11:32:12 AM »
It is nice to see so many Hippys posting about the active lives they are leading as they hit their three year anniversary! Count me in. Just passed the three year mark on my first hip, which is a bit balky, but not troublesome in any way. Just a bit of tugging and pulling from time to time. But, I am not limited in any way by my new hips. They nag me from time to time, but they take me wherever I want them to.

I spent the long Thanksgiving weekend hiking and biking in the mountains west of Denver. I have been falling off my bike more this year, which is a sign that I am finally riding more aggressively after being terrified of falling for the longest time. The hips are holding up just fine. This year, my 60th, may have been the best year of riding since I was a youngster. Nothing finer than blowing by the young riders and seeing the look of disappointment on their face when they realize they just got smoked by some old dude. It helps to be a little nutty sometimes.

I had my blood tested for metal ions a few months ago and the results were excellent.

I want to once again says Thank You to Pat for hosting this wonderful site, and to all the old Hippys who helped guide me through the journey that brought me back the active life I thought was gone forever. We Hippys are so fortunate to be able to experience our youth a second time. 

Life is great!

Boomer

RBHR with Dr. Rector on 11/30/2011
LBHR with Dr. Rector on 6/11/2012

JHippy

Re: Three Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 03:48:16 PM »
That's awesome, Boomer! As a soon-to-be hippy (about 2 weeks from now) I really appreciate the updates.
Left HR; Dec. 17, 2014; Dr. Gross and Lee Webb NP;
uncemented Biomet Recap/Magnum; 50mm/56mm.

lgbran

Re: Three Year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 07:43:42 AM »
Great to see fellow hippies posting here when their surgery is just a dim memory.Boomer Im 2 years behind you. yet to fall off my bike but I'm a road cyclist so any fall could have fatal consequences. I.m only now just starting to ride aggressively . Good to see you giving the young bucks a run for their money.one might say with your new hips you might have an unfair advantage.keep on posting from a fellow avid cyclist
RBHR 11/11/13 by Stephen McMahon @
The Avenue Hospital Melbourne Australia

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM