+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pelvis angle different after HR  (Read 1311 times)

daveyboy

Pelvis angle different after HR
« on: January 08, 2015, 06:21:55 AM »
Hi all.

I'm 4 weeks today post op on my first HR. Thankfully, all going ok so far.  The recovery has been testing to say the least but having trawled over the posts on this site, thats to be expected.

Two moments of celebration this week. Taking my final stomach injection after having to endure them for the last month and the removal of the plaster covering the incision.  Small victories. !!

On a slightly more concerning note I have noticed that the pelvis bone on the operated  side is not the same as the opposite side.  It seems more pronounced.  Just wondering if this is  something I should be worried about?  At the moment I can get about on one crutch when going for a walk. I can move without crutches but then I start to limp.  Also, my hip flexors seem to be pretty mangled so I have to be careful how much walking I do.  Of late, I've also noticed some back pain.  Nothing much but enough to make me take note.

Any advice, re pelvis angle, would be much appreciated.

rBHR Ronan Treacy 11/12/14- Birmingham UK
54mm head - 60mm cup

chuckm

Re: Pelvis angle different after HR
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 01:50:37 PM »
Hi Daveyboy, has it been 4 weeks already? Don't worry it takes months for the muscles and tendons to work themselves out so your pelvis could be out of kilter for awhile. Muscle weakness is what causes the limp and the soreness. Gradually put less and less weight on the crutches rather than all at once. Soon they should have no weight on them at all.
You are correct to avoid irritating the hip flexors while they are healing. If it hurts to bring the leg forward when walking then try shorter steps.

Chuckm
Left BHR 11/30/12
Hospital for Special Surgery
46 years old

daveyboy

Re: Pelvis angle different after HR
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 02:01:43 PM »
Thanks chuckm.  I'm sure we've all had it where the mind plays tricks and we start to worry. This recovery lark is a difficult art to master. 

rBHR Ronan Treacy 11/12/14- Birmingham UK
54mm head - 60mm cup

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat