+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2.5 weeks out, any last minute advice?  (Read 33624 times)

surfhippy

Re: My 9 day post op hip resurfacing with Dr Gross
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2015, 08:01:30 AM »
Thanks John! I had no idea the timeline of the breakdown/rebuilding of the femoral head. Great info! It was nice to get in the water and float around with the dolphins present the other morning. It was as if they were welcoming me back. I thought about paddling my longboard when the time comes, just to get out and get some paddling exercise. My friend is giving me access to an sup to paddle on flat days which will help my leg muscles, and my balance. Summer in Florida... we will be having plenty of flat days. Where in Hawaii do you live? I thought about doing Hawaii around January next year to work on my wave/ocean art. Haven't been since 1989. I'm now doing a beach walk 2 miles in the morning with no limp. Work throughout the day and take it easy in the evenings, and topping off with my exercises. Phase 2 exercises starts this weekend. Excited!
Mark / Dr. Gross Uncemented Biomet Right Hip Outpatient Surgery on 4/6/2015

John C

« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2015, 03:56:40 AM »
Hi surfhippy. My wife and I live on Maui for six months every year. I teach high level windsurfing (high wind, wavesailing, etc), and we are here for the summer half of the year which is trade wind season. Winters I switch to teaching skiing.
Its great that you are doing lots of beach walking. Walking in soft sand is great exercise. You are doing amazingly well to be walking in sand with no limp. The slant of the beach gave me trouble for a couple of months before it no longer affected me.
Say hello to the dolphins for me. Thirty years ago I used to surf an out of the way spot near San Diego that had dolphins come by almost every morning and catch a couple of waves with me. What a treat that was.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

surfhippy

« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2015, 10:02:15 AM »
John, Sounds like a nice gig you have going. My friend John Holzol (not sure of spelling of his last name) moved from here to Maui years ago to teach windsurfing. I'm so ready to get out of here and do things on my own terms. Just treading water paying bills it feels like. Get a little out of debt, and I'm out of here. I need a low tide as the beach slant at high tide messes with me. Starting phase 2 exercises tomorrow. Stoked!
Mark / Dr. Gross Uncemented Biomet Right Hip Outpatient Surgery on 4/6/2015

psimpson

Re: Has this happenend to anyone??
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2015, 09:35:05 PM »
LeeLa I have the same circumstance.  I have had hip resurfacing and am 2.5 months out.  I was confused as to which hip I should have surgery on b/c on xray the least painful indicated the least cartledge.  Its too soon to tell if I have made the right decision but interestingly my nonoperative (L) hip still doesnt hurt that much unless I push myself or in the case of depending on it while I was in the early stages of recovery.  ROM is terrible though.  I too thought my R hip may be more troublesome B/C I was twisting as I walked.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear